No announcement yet.

Still In the Hunt for Reverb/Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=hippietim;789461]while the guitar doesn't have the frequency range requirements of a typical high-end reverb/delay, you still want the sound quality. QUOTE]

For many the benchmark for guitar reverb is a fender unit - and those sure as hell aren't hi fidelity. I wouldn't want to run studio tracks through a holy grail pedal, but it sounded fine for reverb.

Pete

Comment

Not that I want boss se-70 prices going even higher, since I want to buy another one, but they are great for reverb. I don't really use it on mine, mostl just for random fx, but my guitar teacher who has a real studio swears by them for both guitar and studio uses. It's the one right before the vf-1 and according to him after that point they lost some organicness.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
        For many the benchmark for guitar reverb is a fender unit - and those sure as hell aren't hi fidelity.
        those people like the coloring the reverb adds. personally, i don't care for them very much - at least not the reissues.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I hear ya. A lot of us guitar players go for that 'low fi warm' thing. It's always good to have choices in any event.

Pete

Comment

I have an option for you.. Van Amps. Tim Van Tassel is local and he did all my amp repair work for years when he was developing this. He's a good guy and does quality work. This pedal of his was I believe reviewed in Guitar Player and got think it got an Editors Pick Award. Its very well rated.

http://solidbodyguitar.com/vanampspage.htm

actually... I see you need a rack mount.. you could ask to have him mount the circuit in a rack mount case for you? I'm sure he'd do this and may not even charge anything for it unless he special orders a housing for the effect that he doesn't build.
            Last edited by charvelguy; 09-30-2006, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Couldn't help myself. I went for the TC M3000. VSS technology!

Many of the units I researched had shitty converters and they will cut out the tone of my amp I'm afraid. Yeah you might not be able to tell that much whe playing live.

But I got a great deal on this thing off of ebay and I know I will love the sound and won't have to screw around with getting something that I may or may not like and having to look again and deal with all the hassles.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
              X