Mesa dual 2 channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa dual 2 channel

I might have just hit the holy Grail, I met this guy that is selling a 2 channel dual recto, S/N R0005 and he said he would sell it for $1000.

I hate you

Comment

dont hate me till i get it for sure, I am working it, the guy is on the fence though.

Comment

Blackface?

Comment

Not sure, havent seen it yet, we were just talking about it. I will keep you all updated.
          Originally posted by Inearthed
          Blackface?

Comment

Sounds like a good buy either way... Blackface will definitely bump it up even more.

Comment

Blackface was an option, so it may or may not be. I had an early two channel (SN was early 200s) and to be honest, I preferred my ractos to it. For a grand though that's a great price!

Pete

Comment

Hey Pete, you have any rackto settings off the top of your head? Or tube suggestions?

Comment

I think it is silver face, I had a early recto Rack in the 700's and i to much preferred the newer recto's. I will pick this up, if worse comes to worse i can always resell it and get my money back.

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                  Blackface was an option, so it may or may not be. I had an early two channel (SN was early 200s) and to be honest, I preferred my ractos to it. For a grand though that's a great price!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed
                    Hey Pete, you have any rackto settings off the top of your head? Or tube suggestions?
                    I tried to keep all the knobs for the EQ towards noon and then tweak slightly. Pretty much any amp with a good EQ I approach like this. It's not like an old Marshall where it seems the controls don't do much unless they are cut or cranked.

Tubewise I liked Ruby 6L6s and JJ EL34s in mine. The real killer was the fx loop on mine, same with the Randall MTS I had. Otherwise, a great sounding amp.

Pete

Comment

Nice. I picked up a used Dual Recto 3-channel about a month ago for something like $1,100 and I traded in my peavey triple xxx for $500 on top of that. I'm very pleased with the dual rect.

Comment

I have R0138 and it's a silver face. Definitely a great amp. Right now only the Überschall i played two weeks ago made me gas for a new amplifier but being 3500 Euros (a little less than $4500) sadly the choice is quite easy to refuse

Flo
                        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Well you got a keeper there, or a money maker, the first 500 are in the most demand. I just picked up S/N R0005

Originally posted by Infernal Death View Post
                          I have R0138 and it's a silver face. Definitely a great amp. Right now only the Überschall i played two weeks ago made me gas for a new amplifier but being 3500 Euros (a little less than $4500) sadly the choice is quite easy to refuse

Flo

Comment

Working...
                          X