Rack tuner, and record out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack tuner, and record out?

Hey there...I just got my rack tuner from UPS today...and I know you folks who are audiophiles hate to put a tuner in the direct signal line because it can compromise tone. I heard of putting it into the effects loop, but then I have to activate the effects loop to use my tuner, and then the tuner would be in the loop with my effects. I was looking at the back of my triaxis thinking about how to wire everything up, and I realized it has a record out line. Could I possibly just run a cable from the record out of the triaxis into the input of the tuner, and just end that signal chain there, or do I need to create a loop of the signal?

Cheers,
    Nick

Hey, I read through my triaxis manual and some of the schematic diagrams even showed the record out used to send to a tuner. I hooked it up that way, and it works great, I'm so excited! Sorry to waste your time with a post I answered myself...but if anyone has any suggestions on tuners, or the centz, hertz, strobe functions, which is most accurate and all of that, I'd still appreciate it.

Cheers,
    Nick

Comment

Yeah, I use the line out of my THD Univavle head into the input of my tuner.
      If you use it in the effects loop with no other effects, you can just run from the send into the tuner.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Good work man. I have a ground lifted output on my CAE that I send to the tuner... Seems cool...

Comment

Or you could run into the tuner first?
          Maybe with a High Gain volume pedal to push through any "funny business"?

And the strobe function will probably be more accurate, depending on the quality of the strobe curcuitry. Of course, the quality of the cents and Hertz circuits is important for their performance as well....

I'd say do your own testing with it - start with the cents, and get it as perfect as it will let you get, then switch to Hz and see if there's any difference, then do Strobe. If all 3 show perfect (or your personal "perfect"), then you'll know which one is best.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've never had any problems running through a tuner into my amp, and I've certainly tried enough tuners to expect some duds. Not a single bad experience. However, I picked up a cheap Korg tuner today and plugged it into the preamp-out jack on my head, and it worked just fine that way. You should be able to do the same on any amp, either with a pre out or effects loop.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X