Mesa 50.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 50.

I just got me a Mesa 50. in working but wounded condition for $75. yes, thats right, $75. Anyways, I was playing on it, and I tends to what to fade out and lose power when it gets really hot. It has new tubes, and sounds pretty darn good. Also needs some new pots in the EQ dept. lol... Anyone a Mesa expert?
    Last edited by Burn; 09-16-2006, 01:04 AM.

BTW: It's a rackmount.

Comment

is it a .50 caliber or a ?

Comment

Yes, A .50 cal. LOL...!

Comment

put a cord in the fx loop going from the send to the return. I bet this solves it. If that's the problem, then you have a dirty switching jack in the fx loop - a really common problem in a lot of amps.

BTW, does it have EL84 or 6L6 power tubes? 6L6 are big, el84s are very skinny - almost like long preamp tubes. I prefer the EL84 .50s, but any boogie that works for $75 is a steal.

Pete

Comment

thats cheap alright. I have two .50 cals.. I did not know they had a rackmount version. Does it have a 5 band eq?

As Pete mentioned,.. they made a couple different versions.

Comment

JJ 6L6's, which are new, It does has the 5 band eq., I'll try that fx loop trick tommorow, can't wake all the neighbors again... But, apparently it started sparking when it got hot... but still plays fine, for, oh... 15 min?

Comment

Working...
              X