Rocktron Intellifex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Intellifex

Hey guys. I've been thinking of getting one of these (the original blackface model). Have you had any experience with these? how do they sound? how good do the pitch shift harmonies sound? Is it easy to program?
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Sounds great. Easy to program. Pitch is okay but, be aware it's an intelligent shifter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Intelligent shifter? Nope... I don't think so... Mine sure isn't... Just a simple shifter...

The intellipitch is I believe...

Otherwise, they are really cool for the dough... Time base effects that are very transparent for that sort of money.

Multi voice Chorus is truly nice. Delays seem natural enough.

Bang for buck is high...

Input/Output volume knobs eventually whack out a lot. Classic rocktron issue on that style of unit. The voodu Valves have the same issue. But they last a long time.

Comment

I used to have one, I liked it a lot for what it was. But, I think I work better with pedals instead of rack effects, but this one was a great unit....delays and reverbs and choruses are excellent. I never really used the harmonizer, and I kind of remember the noise gate sucking, but for the other stuff it rules.

Comment

Well, the noise gate can be set in different ways maybe, you can definitely make is sound better than stock settings. The pre and post input setting is interesting and effects the tone a lot. I usually leave the pre off, though it is a bit noisier. More natural sounding.

Definitely not Drawmer quality gating tho.

Comment

Working...
          X