An odd Marshall cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An odd Marshall cab

So, I have this Marshall cab next to me which i've owned for years. Never had any complaints and it's worked incredibly well with every amp i've owned.

Now, this one is different from all the other ones. It has 4 Celestion G12L-35 speakers. Which from looking on Harmony central, seem to be very good speakers. But the cabinet itself is alot smaller than the regular 4x12's. It's model number is 8412, does that mean anything to you guys?

Here's the serial number too : 8122
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

The 8412 cab is a compact mono, 140 Watt, 8 Ohm 4 x 12 cabinet specially designed to partner the 8100 Valvestate head.

http://www.marshallamps.com/archive/valvestate1b.html

http://www.marshallamps.com/heritage...state_i_01.asp

I actually knew this, but I googled to make sure.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i had one too. i LOVED it!!! i thought it sounded tighter thatn a 1960 becuase it was smaller and deeper.

i actually miss that cab.....
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

ah cheers guys!

I've compared it to a 1960A cab before, this one i have sounded much clearer and deeper than the 1960. The 1960 sounded too bright and harsh to my ears.
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Ya, I always thought the 1960 sounded to tinny.

Matt

Comment

Working...
          X