School me on Slave outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School me on Slave outs

I was thinking about trying out the slave out on my Recto. I would go out of the that, into a separate poweramp, then into a cabinet. Would I have to attach a speaker to the main speaker outs as well? The manual doesn't discuss this.

I'm curious, whatcha gonna slave it through?

According to Mesa the slave's behind the poweramp, so be sure to have a load on the Recto as well as on whatever you're slaving into. So you could even just mic it up, for the recto's sound AND record whatever you're slaving into as well, or just do a record out. Lots of possibilities.
    Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 09-12-2006, 09:38 AM.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

i slave out of my rivera s120 and into an m100 to run extra cabs with a 100% wet signal.

on the rivera you have to run a load to the "master" power amp as well as a load to the "slave" amp.

usually you would do a "slave" set up to run more cabs than your head will allow.

if you wanted to try your mesa with a different type of power amp and ONLY use the preamp section, then you would need to find a "dummy load" box....something that you can connect to your speaker jacks to prevent you from killing your power section.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I was going to go from the slave out into my effect processor, then into another poweramp. I suppose I could use the slave out > effects processor > power amp into one side of my stereo Mesa 4x12, and the regular speaker outs into the other speaker tap on the cab.

Comment

that should work. i do the same, but run extra cabs.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X