Surge Protectors for AMPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surge Protectors for AMPs

Does anyone have any preferences or suggestions for surge protectors that work well with tube amps? Maybe it is not that big a concern?

Thanks,

-Joe
    Jackson: DK1
    Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

well you can't go wrong with any surge protector..they make quality one that are very resonable such as a Gemini..for about 60 bucks with pull out light..make your rack all purdy!

it does the same thing my Furman PL8 does at 110 bucks..

I highly recommend using one..it could save you alot of greif if you either have a power surge or even a brown out..which is often here..

It's a great investment..besides all your stuff plugs into that and you can fire up all your gear with one power switch..that's nice too..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I use a Middle Atlantic PD-915R. I don't want to take any chances with my Vetta. If there is questionable power (dirty) I even bring a UPS.

Comment

Surge protectors are great things to invest in, and will clear up many channel switching problems and power up issues. I used to have popping noises, and other irritating surge problems with my amp until I got a surge protector. I have the Furman PF-Pro R Power Factor, which is a bit more complicated that the basic power conditioner/surge protector, but the Furman line is great quality. I like the line voltage LED meter, and some power conditioners will actually shut down in the event of an extreme volatage situation to protect your equipment. It is nice to be able to plug all your equipment into one unit, as well.

Cheers,
        Nick

Comment

Furman and Monster Cable make excellent ones.

Comment

Basic Furman PL-8.. I bought it new from MF years ago for like 45.00-50.00 new.
            They make a wide line with many differing budgets and applications in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
              Basic Furman PL-8.. I bought it new from MF years ago for like 45.00-50.00 new.
              They make a wide line with many differing budgets and applications in mind.
              Damn dude, You gotta deal on yours..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. I was checking out the Furman stuff. I think I will go with one of those PL-8s.
                Jackson: DK1
                Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

Originally posted by Rufue
                  Thanks for all the help guys. I was checking out the Furman stuff. I think I will go with one of those PL-8s.
                  good choice, had mine since 1995..you can't go wrong

great investment!!

Comment

Working...
                  X