New Vetta owner alert!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vetta owner alert!!!

Well my transformation in to a guitar player in the 21st century has finally completed. After purchasing my PC1 and scooping up a PC3, I bid on a Vetta combo for fun today and actually won!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I guess I'll have to put my AX212 into semi retirement. It's been a long time (almost 10 years) since I've bought a new amp. I've been very happy with the AX212 and I'm looking forward to this new one coming in.

You will be amazed at the advances.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think so too. No music stores around here will stock a Vetta (all Spiders and Pods and the occasional Flextone), so I've never been behind the wheel of one. My good friend who got me into Line 6 from the beginning told me the Vetta is just out of this world. But I really wasn't expecting to snag an upgraded Vetta combo for $700. So it was a pleasant surprise when I won.

Comment

It says it's upgraded to Vetta II specs, but make sure it's got the 2.5 upgrade or get it. Jgcable says it makes a huge difference from 2 to 2.5. I personally have never tried one but I'm sure he'd coach you if there's anything you want to know,
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks I'll check on that when it arrives. Whatever upgrade it needs I'll get for it. I'm just glad that Line 6 decided to make the Vetta compatible with the Vetta II. The only gripe I had about my AX212 was that as soon as the Vetta came out, my amp was dropped like a hot potato. I think they learned their lesson from that since they've found ways to keep a lot of their lines compatible and only dropping something when the technology has passed it by completely.

Comment

Congratz... You are going to love it.

Comment

Congrats, $700 is a great deal! I would like to give one a try but all those buttons sure do look intimidating -lol.
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Since you are already a Line 6 fan you will LOVE this amp! Every time I get the urge to go tube I just make a new setting on the vetta that sounds like the amp I was looking at and voila G.A.S. no more. The 2.5 upgrade is essential!!!

Comment

I just built a patch around the British Plexi 67' JT-45 and the 67' Vox AC-30TB Class A
                  The Plexi is running through a 4 x 10 Tweed and the Vox is running through a 2 x 12 Class A cab.
                  Just some reverb and the compressor to boost the level of each.

Incredible patch.

Comment

Bryan, that's great. Good job getting them for $700. Make sure you buy the longboard, and don't go for the shortboard, no matter what anyone tells you.

$300 is a reasonable price for one on EBAY, though they have been known to sell for $250 also.

Comment

nice grab, good price. and do get the long footcontroller.

you'll be blown away at what you can do with this amp, it's incredible.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                        I just built a patch around the British Plexi 67' JT-45 and the 67' Vox AC-30TB Class A
                        The Plexi is running through a 4 x 10 Tweed and the Vox is running through a 2 x 12 Class A cab.
                        Just some reverb and the compressor to boost the level of each.

Incredible patch.
                        Sounds awesome...can you send that to me or do you have any of your patches posted somewhere?

Comment

Me too! Me too!!

I'll have to get literate with the new software. Sounds like fun to me!

What's the advantage of the longboard over the short board?

Comment

John has more much experience with the longboard than I, but it gives you the maximum number of choices and presets for both pre and post effects, and channel switching, etc. the shortboard just does not give you as many options on stuff that really comes in handy. not sure if you play on stage but that's where it pays dividends, in a band setting. you get both a wah and volume pedal which are both programmable to do other effects, etc.

my used updated Vetta came with the longboard included from the eBay seller.
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Cool. That's enough to sell me on it right there. I've got the old floorboard with two pedals on my AX212 and I can't live without that wah/volume combo. Doesn't it also give you a boost on you channel that kind of acts like a n overdrive pedal?

Comment

Working...
                              X