Mark IV's clean channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark IV's clean channel

tell me about it, is it good-bad-average ?

Its one of the best clean channels on the planet. Every channel on a Mark IV is really good.

Comment

i found it average. it was VERY clean, very glassy and had a lot of high-end "sheen"....that is the best way to describe it from my ears. it was almost too clean, solid state-ish. clean is VERY important to me. i use my clean channel A LOT on my rivera's and find that clean to be supreme. it is more fender-ish than the mk IV clean. i don't like my clean to have any break up at all, the mk IV was good in that category, but had a "sterility" that i could not stand.

i hope this helps. i guess to sum it up, i like my clean to be more organic....like a fender or rivera amp. the mk IV was not organic. it sounded fake and processed.....
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

BTW - the mk IV clean is great if you are not that picky about clean. i am VERY picky about clean channels. to give you a point of reference, to me the BEST clean EVER is on a 70's silver face, master volume, fender bassman 100. you can crank that amp to 10 and you will only get break up from your speakers!!!!! it has depth, girth, and clarity. think the GREATEST country tones EVER....
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

what Rivera do you have ? I'm actually debating between a Mark IV and Rivera KH

Comment

Originally posted by markD
            BTW - the mk IV clean is great if you are not that picky about clean. i am VERY picky about clean channels. to give you a point of reference, to me the BEST clean EVER is on a 70's silver face, master volume, fender bassman 100. you can crank that amp to 10 and you will only get break up from your speakers!!!!! it has depth, girth, and clarity. think the GREATEST country tones EVER....
            What I meant is the Mark IV has one of the best clean channels on the planet for a high gain amp. I agree that Mesa clean is a little sterile but its a great foundation to put effects on.

Comment

totally in agreement with you, john. for processing the mk IV clean is nice. it is killer for funk playing, and quiet arpeggiated chord segments in skull-crushing songs!!!

FSU - i have a rivera m-100 head and a rivera s-120 head. i had the KHR-100 for a short period of time. i just prefer the natural sound of the M/S series amps.

here's a pic of my rivera's:

and my mark IV with my modded 2204

GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Mark, do you have any clippage of the M-100? High gains and cleans?

Comment

Originally posted by FSU_Seminoles
                  is it good-bad-average ?
                  lol, after reading the Ron's thread on Coke Blak I misread that as: "Is it good beverage?"

Comment

only in the context of completed songs.

here are some songs where the rivera was used for all the guitar tracks:

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/eigh...er/despair.wma

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/eigh...ter/guilty.wma

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/eigh...ter/broken.wma

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/mark...cry_to_god.wma
                    Last edited by markD; 09-01-2006, 11:36 AM.
                    GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Cool.. Some guy is selling one here in my area for $700.

Comment

good deal. i love mine. they are handmade and killer!!! i have used them since 1990-91. i can play almost ANY guitar, but have a hard time sounding like me with out my rivera's!!!

those songs were recorded with various guitars straight into the m-100 driving 1 EVM loaded cab. no effects during tracking, only room reverb added at the board during mixdown. the mic used was a sennheiser MD421.
                        GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Very nice.. I've come to the conclusion that I need a raise to feed my amp GAS.. lol.

Comment

M-100's are a great gig amp. The built in ninja boost as a given feature does away with another stomp box.

Comment

ninja boost is even cooler when you have rivera mod the amount of "boost" available when you step on the switch!!!!
                              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                              X