Is the Weeping Demon Wah legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Weeping Demon Wah legit?

After reading through several reviews on MF (comparing the Duncan and this one) it seems that the Ibanez is a more reliable pedal. Any thoughts on this? Also, is this just a modeling pedal or what?
    E = Fb

I read that too. Any owners here wanna 'fess up?

Comment

I guess noone here has one? If not, what are some good wah recommendations?
      E = Fb

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Chemist
        (comparing the Duncan and this one)
        Duncan makes a wah pedal?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm guessing that would be Dunlop and not Duncan.

Comment

It's different sounding and somewhat versatile. If you're looking for that classic vintage sounding wah... it's not for you. If you like a little modern in your wah tone then it'd work out.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Oops, I meant Dunlop...my bad.

Well I'm definately into a more modern sound than anything else. My favorite sound is Satch's but I know he uses the 535Q and that's the one with the shaky reviews, plus I have to assume Satch's is modded to death and a stock one wouldn't even be close. So, I'm just looking for something versatile enough to find my own sound.
              E = Fb

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Chemist
                Oops, I meant Dunlop...my bad.

Well I'm definately into a more modern sound than anything else. My favorite sound is Satch's but I know he uses the 535Q and that's the one with the shaky reviews, plus I have to assume Satch's is modded to death and a stock one wouldn't even be close. So, I'm just looking for something versatile enough to find my own sound.
                With everybody and their brother getting a wah in their name (Slash, Dime, Vai, Tremonti, etc.) you would think that Satch could get one for himself. After all, his body of work on the guitar is pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan
                  With everybody and their brother getting a wah in their name (Slash, Dime, Vai, Tremonti, etc.) you would think that Satch could get one for himself. After all, his body of work on the guitar is pretty impressive.
                  I totally agree. Maybe he thinks his own signature amps and guitars are enough.
                  E = Fb

Comment

I love my 535Q!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I own a WD-7. I decided on it after owning both a Dunlop 535Q and a 95Q.

The biggest turn on (pun intended) for me, it that it can switch from pedel activated to pressure activated, depending on what you need. Also, with the pessure activation you can adjust the delay time before it turns off. Also, I the resistance of the pedel is adjustable, so you can have a loose quick wah, or a precice stiff wah.

As for the tone, you can get just about anything on it, if you're willing to spend time tweaking with it.

Defenite recommendation if you're looking for a modern wah pedel. It's cheaper then the 535Q, less people have it, and it's more versitile.

(excuse my typing, I have a huge cut in my middle finger of my left hand from my guitar case trying to eat it)

Comment

Morley. Period.

After taking years of hassle with switches and pots, I got a Tremonti power wah. Great tone and range, plus a boost. Built like a tank, no switches, no pots!
                        Last edited by levantin; 08-28-2006, 07:11 AM.
                        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I like the Bad Horsie, it's got switchless activation and it sounds great for distorted lead, imo. It's not so hot for clean tones as it has a buffer circuit that adds a tiny bit of gain that you'll notice on a clean tone.
                          ------------------------------------------------
                          Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Am I the only one that don't use a wah??
                            I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                            X