I just don't know what to get as an amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldano

I'm not up on this recording to a computer technology,,,,but even if I was,,,,plugging into a Soldano SLO is not the same as hearing some "digital" clip over a computer. And no modeling solid state digital amp is ever gonna nail the amp it models......I've heard line 6 close up,,,,and was not impressed.

Comment

I agree.. clips on computer speakers can be somewhat misleading.. there's variables involved on how that comes across. If anything... if the clip is done live mic'd w/o a bunch of eq and outboard effects..you should get a pretty good idea. It would stand to reason then that what you hear should sound even better in person.
      They can give a base idea of what the distortion character and clean capability is on an amp..

Line 6.. well that is another story.. tweak away...but never say never.
      Last edited by charvelguy; 08-22-2006, 10:58 AM.

Comment

you want Vinnie Moore Meltdown or Mind's Eye tone go back to the JCM 800 & crank it up.....

I have a JCM 800 2205 that I have set almost exactly as Vinnie did on Mind's Eye

& Vinnie used JCM 800 on it check out his website....
        “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

& damn it my 44 knucklehead is leaking oil again......

that was intended for the wise assed photographer not you all...........
          “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

K-Tre clip

http://www.proctrl.com/ktreclip2.mp3

I'd like to know if this gain is attainable on a regular Knucklehead

Comment

I'm pretty sure..he used Laney on Meltdown..studio & tour..
              I saw him perform at Ryans back in '91-92..he did killer version of 'Train Kept a Rollin' with a respectful nod to Joe Perry. His 3 piece band kicked butt..and his bassist was outstanding.

Last edited by charvelguy; 08-23-2006, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Vinnie Kills I had him carve YES carve with a knife his autograph into 1 of my strats after catching him during the Mind's Eye tour........

he may have used a Laney on Meltdown but he told me he used a jcm 800 on Mind's Eye & that he did not like to take that stack out on the road. he played thru Marshall lead mosfet 100 @ a clinic I saw him at Austin City Music gear store I bought that stack..... sold it some years back..
                Last edited by Mr.C; 08-23-2006, 01:37 AM.

Comment

I'll NEVER sell my Bogner Uberschall..I owned and sold many amps..

The Uber does Arch Enemy right..

If a want a Vinnie tone I must turn to my Marshall rig for that...I love Vinnie's playing, he's amazing..never really cared for his tone tho..too thin for my liking..works for him and that's all that matters.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well. he seems to have broken any tie with Laney that may have had.
                    I thought he still had those amps but apparantly his website doesn't make any mention of ever using them.. which is strange. Maybe his forum could shed some light on that.. I did not subscribe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.C
                      & damn it my 44 knucklehead is leaking oil again......

that was intended for the wise assed photographer not you all...........
                      Nice Bike, my dad has a '99 CMC streetburner w/tons of extras..all black..I like it!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

vinnie's laneys were most likely modded.
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I'd go splawn for what you're looking for.

pretty much nails hot-rodded marshall thing

Comment

Originally posted by yabba
                            I'd go splawn for what you're looking for.

pretty much nails hot-rodded marshall thing
                            the splawns and the riveras are really tempting

btw, anybody ever put KT88 tubes in their JSX ?

this is the kind of tone I'm after ... http://www.mysticprophecy.com/
                            Last edited by FSU_Seminoles; 08-23-2006, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X