SLO clone in the hizzouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLO clone in the hizzouse

Well, actually in the office... waiting for 5pm to come around so I can take her home and rock.

So, how hard are Soldano logos to obtain? I'd never sell it as one, but since it's the circuit if I gig with it I want a logo on it. Or I guess I could just get a Marshall logo for it and really be different.

Pete

Sweet dude. Can't wait to hear your review. You know I have to say everything about the SLO impresses me except the logo. Kind of a cheap plastic logo for such and expensive boutique amp. If you get the chance try out those YJ's and let me know if you think they sound decent. That forum has some pretty cool info by the way. Thanks for the link.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1
      Sweet dude. Can't wait to hear your review. You know I have to say everything about the SLO impresses me except the logo. Kind of a cheap plastic logo for such and expensive boutique amp. If you get the chance try out those YJ's and let me know if you think they sound decent. That forum has some pretty cool info by the way. Thanks for the link.
      The amp just looks kinda like a snakeskin 5150 without the logo (not that there's anything wrong with that) who knows, maybe I'll have a 'Slodano' logo made to look like the original. Kinda like the Charvell logo'd strathead that Sully sold me awhile back.

Pete

Comment

Would a polished stainless version work? My buddy has a sheet metal shop. I can see what he'd charge to laser one out.
        We must!
        We must!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1
          Would a polished stainless version work? My buddy has a sheet metal shop. I can see what he'd charge to laser one out.
          Check into that if it wouldn't be too much trouble... that would ROCK. I just plugged into the amp - it sounds a lot like my friend's SLO, just a little tighter and deeper, which are good things. I cranked it for about 10 seconds, and it was friggin' amazing... I may have to get a Hotplate or MASS now. I'll try the yellowjackets sometime this weekend, may even do some clips if I feel froggy.

Pete

Comment

Give Doug a shout... he's got that fancy new cuttin' machine for all that inlay work.
            I'm sure he could probably whip up a Soldano logo for ya.
            Last edited by rjohnstone; 08-18-2006, 06:58 PM.
            -Rick

Comment

Yeah one thing the clone forum is lacking is some clips that showcase what the SLO is about. I'm thinking something along the lines of the clip you did with your HR and my pedal(Lynch tone). VH is always a good choice too. Glad it turned out to be the SLO tone and more for you. What power tubes are in it? Heck what preamps tubes also?
              We must!
              We must!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!

Comment

This *Really* Sucks since it was just my Digital camera set on video, but I did this with that amp. It doesn't really do the amp any justice.

Les Paul R8 with Voodoos plugged straight in. G12T-75 speakers in a Marshall 4x12.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=P8080501.flv

Comment

Sounds great, really tight! Gotta love that sound.

Comment

The logos are available. Just call Soldano and ask for one.... There like $15 bucks.

Comment

Pete..from what I can tell from that clip that amp is gonna smoke...congratulations...cool score
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Nice tone on that clip. Sounds a little 5150..ish...

Comment

My thoughts exactly. I would have guessed it was a 5150. In fact it sounds more like a 5150 than an SLO IMO. Great tone though. But I love SLO's and 5150's so....

Comment

Carve Ike turner into it for a logo
                            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing
                              Carve Ike turner into it for a logo
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                              X