Clear All

• Current rig.

On top
    ISP Decimator
    Maxon OD808

In Rack
    Glorified power strip with lights on the front
    Sennheiser EW 172 G2
    Empty (G-Major is supposed to go here, but it is damaged)
    Empty Space cover
    Rackmount Recto (Check out the painted knobs, yuck)

Mesa 4x12 Slant

Jackson KV2 (custom?), black binding, EMG85... My #1, bought from Paddok I think..

I'm trying to figure out if I should just go for pedals for my effects and just forget about running anything in the loop and just do the pedal dance. Any thoughts / comments / death threats?

Give me that KV2 or I'll kill you!

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
      Give me that KV2 or I'll kill you!
      Hahahaha...... NO!

Comment

Here's mine!

Furman M-8D
        Rane PE-15
        DBX 266XL
        ISP Decimator Prorack G

Rivera Knucklehead Reverb 100 watt(6l6 version)
        Rivera Knucklehead 4x12 w/ vintage 30's

91 SL1, and 06 KV2
        Also got a San Dimas Rhoads that's not done yet, and a Rickenbacker 650 Sierra.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...2lover/Rig.jpg
        I love admins!

Comment

I just placed my rack stand order today, but the "guts" of the rig will be:

Peavey Rockmaster tube preamp
          ADA MP-1 3.666 tube preamp
          ART DST-4 preamp/processor
          ART Tube Channel parametric EQ/mic pre/compressor
          Rocktron Guitar Silencer
          Rocktron Multivalve processor
          Carvin T100 stereo tube power amp
          Sabine RT7100 rack tuner
          Furman M-8 Merit power conditioner

I might keep the Carvin in its own rack case (already have a Peavey Classic 60 in a separate case), rackmount my Johnson J-Station, and try some other stuff in the rack. I'm really looking forward to gear overkill!
          sigpic

Comment

Wish I had the money to build my own rack..
            I guess I'll just have to do like George Thorogood sayd then:
            Get a haircut and get a real job!
            "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

it really depends on what effects are you wanting to use? and how you are wanting to use them.

what do you want the results to be? then we can work backwards to build your chain properly
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

sl2lover - I dig the Kv2!

I am really looking for chorus, reverb, delay (maybe), booster (probably 2), and the ISP Decimator + some sort of tuner.

Comment

I'm digging that Racktofier. I was outbid twice on one of those before the GAS finally went away. Let me know how it sounds with the G. Better yet, post tones!

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed
                    sl2lover - I dig the Kv2!

I am really looking for chorus, reverb, delay (maybe), booster (probably 2), and the ISP Decimator + some sort of tuner.
                    Thanks! I'm in the market for a Korg rack tuner as well! Down the road I'll get a chorus pedal, but thats about as far as I'll go with any pedals! I'm not into effects much!
                    I love admins!

Comment

[QUOTE=Inearthed
                      In Rack
                      Glorified power strip with lights on the front
                      Sennheiser EW 172 G2
                      Empty (G-Major is supposed to go here, but it is damaged)
                      Empty Space cover
                      QUOTE]

Where did you get the empty space cover??
                      I love admins!

Comment

You know, I actually was given the space cover by one of my friends. He sold his bass rack and just went for a bass head + 2 cabs and gave me the space cover (as well as a power conditioner) for free. You should be able to find one online without much trouble.

Comment

Rob

don't run anything in your loop except the delay, but I would also get a little looper unit that you run all your pedals into and can switch them on or off, tap dancing to get all fot hem on at once will be a pain in the ass, long time ago I had a raktifier, it hadted EVERYthing I put in the loop, and sorta liked flange and chorus in front of the amp.

one thing I would so, is get a BS2 buffer from www.axess-electronics.com
                          this thing will blow your mind at the top end and clarity you get back after running alot of cable and pedals in front of this amp.

anyhow it's what I got goin on in my interface works like a champ!

Thanks for the Engl gain by the way!

Chris

Comment

1. ok, your easiest setup would be all pedals, all in front.

2. next would be a tad more complicated, setup wise, cost a little more in cables, but sound a little better if tweaked it right between the pre and power section of the amp: all pedals, booster in front, chorus, delay, and reverb in loop.

3. booster pedals up front, processor in loop.

tuner note: run your tuner in front of everything, unless your amp has a "tuner out". decide this between your tuner's ability to mute, verses your amps, and set it up accordingly.

4. or you could get a midi switcher (pedal and brain) and hook it all up in the most ideal was that each individual component can be hooked up to each other, and control it all from the midi pedal board.

5. you could get a modeling pre/processor like the boss gt-8 or pod xtl or similar modeling procesorros, and a power amp or use the recto as a power amp.

no matter how you look at it, your not getting out of the pedal dance.
                            i'd go with delay pedal up front that has a temp tap and call it a day.
                            Last edited by Dreamland_Rebel; 08-22-2006, 12:08 AM.
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel
                              no matter how you look at it, your not getting out of the pedal dance.
                              This sentence is the key. I was so pumped about switching from a pedalboard/head setup to a rack rig, and when all was said and done, it became apparent that there was no escaping the pedal dance. I decided to just keep using my existing live rig, and set up the rack gear for studio use. Besides, I have a smaller equivalent of every rack device that I use on my pedalboard.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X