Great amp for home and jamming with friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great amp for home and jamming with friends

Looking for versatile. Love a VH sound, a stevie ray sound, maybe a boogie. I am using a tech 21 trademark 10. Thinking tube... what do you like these days?
    It's not a competition, it's a community

I think the Boogie Studio .22 +(+ part being it has the Graphic EQ built in) is very versitile and is small but strong. I have heard great things about this amp. Jack.

Comment

The Mesa F-30 combo is very nice.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Vetta Combo. Has EVERYTHING you could want plus its plenty loud enough for just about anything you could need it for. Seems like the Vetta 1 combos are going for around $800 on eBay.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by slayer
          I think the Boogie Studio .22 +(+ part being it has the Graphic EQ built in) is very versitile and is small but strong. I have heard great things about this amp. Jack.
          You are most definately not going to get VH out of a studio 22 +. Personally.. I don't even think you will get a convincing SRV out of one.
          The 2 tones you are looking for are totally opposite from each other. The only way to do it is modeling.
          Pretty much any decent modeling amp will give you EVH and SRV. Most of them have factory presets adressing both so you won't even have to tweak the amp much.

Comment

Originally posted by 83SanDimas
            Looking for versatile. Love a VH sound, a stevie ray sound, maybe a boogie. I am using a tech 21 trademark 10. Thinking tube... what do you like these days?
            Isn't the Tech 21 supposed to cover those three sounds - SRV, VH, Boogie? I know I've looked into the TM60 and it has settings for these specific sounds, but I'm not sure about the 10. I just wish there was a dealer around to check them out in person because I would really like to try one out, and the Power Engine also (with my Korg board).

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread for suggestions because it sounds like we're looking for the same thing. I want a combo that has a good clean, an SRV/slightly overdriven sound, 80s Marshall (VH, Ratt, Dokken), and a heavy Boogie/Engl/SLO sound. It has to sound good at very low bedroom volume but be able to play over drums whenever the opportunity arises (and not thin out). Am I asking too much?? Oh, and under $500!

So far, I'm considering the Spider II 1x12 ($199 new on closeout!) or maybe a used Flextone III.
            Last edited by jwoods986; 07-24-2006, 09:39 AM.
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

My latest home and jam amp is a Zinky Blue Velvet 50. Two-channels, 50 watts of 5881's, nice O.D., plenty of power to pump a cab, sweet spring reverb. All tube hand-wired circuitry. EASY to operate and dial in. It nails most old VH and many guitar rock classics. Kicks ass on gritty blues and modern country. Not a speedmetal amp unless you got a pedal to add.

Comment

I'm very happy with my 20 watt peters dual channel. It has an excellent master volume and gets plent loud. Down side is price.
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

epi valve jr head with pedals.
                  you can get a pretty nice sound for very little $$$.

Comment

Try out the 15 watt Crate Vintage Club amp...now called "Palomino" at Guitar Center. Great, fat all-tube sounds at a very reasonable price.
                    ------------------------------------------------
                    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

The TM60 will give you these tones...but none of them will be "stellar". I had one and while I liked it, I found it lacking a bit in the very dirty stuff. The clean stuff was amazing though.

I can get SRV and VH in spades from my Voodoo VibroChamp...but you can't just go down to the store and get one...and Voodoo won't do the Witchdoctor mod anymore.

Vox Tonelab or Vox modeling amp.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I swear by a line 6 pod and an Atomic amp.
                        VH/SRV no problem there and the newest firmware has a Marshal 18 watt sim that I'm in love with.

My reason for using the atomic over the vetta combo is longevity.
                        I can always add a new pod or vox or whatever and keep the atomic.
                        It's more economical in the ling run for me.
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Fender Pro Junior.

Comment

Originally posted by data187
                            epi valve jr head with pedals.
                            you can get a pretty nice sound for very little $$$.
                            Kevin, don't do this. They are decent and they are cheap (price-wise that is, not cheap quality). But there are much better options. Having said that, if you change your mind I have two of them and I'll sell them both to you
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by jtr
                              Fender Pro Junior.
                              This is my favorite combo of all time. Kev, this is still not what you want either though. It is better than the Epi Valve Jr. but you'd still need to use pedals to get the sounds you seek.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X