Line 6 footswitch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 footswitch question

What is the difference between the FB4 and the FBV4. They look identical except for the red color on the FB4. Evidently, one will work on my flextone 1 and the other wont. Is it a cable issue? Will they both work but I just wont have some extra feature that that the V4 might have?

FB4 works on the Spyder and the old Flextone 1 and 2's.
    The FBV4 works on the Spyder 2, Flextone 3's, Vetta, HD147, Duotone.
    Check out the line 6 website. They have the complete compatability list.

Comment

Thanks, I saw that. I was just wondering what doesnt work. I mean it looks identical, and looks like the same cable and all. The functions seem the same. Although the v4 says something about accessing manual mode when you hold it down. Is it possible that it will work just to switch channels but I will not have that "manual" function? Or will I plug it in and it will do nothing. The point might even be moot as I paid for the amp on July 3 and it still hasnt arrived. But thats a whole other story.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff
        Thanks, I saw that. I was just wondering what doesnt work. I mean it looks identical, and looks like the same cable and all. The functions seem the same. Although the v4 says something about accessing manual mode when you hold it down. Is it possible that it will work just to switch channels but I will not have that "manual" function? Or will I plug it in and it will do nothing. The point might even be moot as I paid for the amp on July 3 and it still hasnt arrived. But thats a whole other story.
        they are not interchangeble. It won't work. The internal circuitry is different and pretty complicated for a 4 button switch.

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Comment

This is one of the things I hate about digital equipment. It's not the tone issue that bothers me, it's the proprietary engineering.

Comment

Working...
            X