Model 6 Matt's Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 Matt's Gear

Hey everyone, i thought id share what i play, im no real giging guitarist, but i play in a few bands, my gear isnt pro quality, buy it does the job for me. I've got the perfect tone i want.

Amp
    Hughes and Kettner Edition Blue 60R
    60 watt 1x12 celestion speaker combo, 1 clean, 1 distortion channel, shared EQ and reverb. Its a really great amp, puts out alot of grunt, only needs to be on 4 or 5 to get over a drummer.

Clean Channel: The best feature on the amp, goes from a bright clean all the way to a ac/dc crunch, its built to react like a tube amp, soft clipping as you crank the volume. I use this channel set to around 3 o'clock which is a mild crunch, then i put a behringer vintage tube overdrive infront of that, which really gives it a nice distortion, very marshally and cuts throught the mix well.

After the overdrive pedal i have a behringer preamp booster to boost volume and a bit of gain for solo's. This thing is just great, doesnt colour the tone, but really lets it cut through, also a good preamp booster for any clean channel to give it a mild cruch while still remaining clean.

Distortion channel: this amp still has a great distortion channel, but the volume is lower than that of the clean channel, thats why i dont use it, but its great if i want to play a bit of metal or the type at lower levels, it sounds better when you crank it, but overall its a good channel.

Reverb
    The best reverb on an amp this size and price, just makes everything lush, really good for both clean and ovedrive, very good feature of the amp.

Overall
    best amp ive owned, and wont own another unless i need a stack, for the money, cant go past it, pleanty loud, pleanty of tone, and easy to transport, everything i want, and nothing i dont!

Guitars
    Jackson JS-20
    My first real guitar, put a SD-JB in the bridge almost straight away as the stock humbucker is useless, and now the guitar plays well. The single coils i really like, and give a really good clean tone, and with some overdrive and both in parallel, gives off a nice hendrix vibe. I use 10-46 strings, not to heavy, not to light, just right, and i dont use the wammy bar as the bridge makes the guitar go out of tune. Overall a good playing guitar for me, but looking forward to bigger and better things.

Charvel model 6
    Almost ready to go, cant wait for it to make its debut, very nice feel and from what i hear, great sounds. Itching to play!

Others
    "Police Line, Do Not Cross" guitar strap, tuner and im away, all i carry really.

Let me know what you think of my gear, and any ideas to improve something let me know.
    Cheers

"Let me know what you think of my gear, and any ideas to improve something let me know".

Pickups and strings might make that white guitar sound better.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

how are the beringer pedals?
      i heard they are boss knockoffs, but sound a good as the real thing.

Comment

Yea, the beringer pedal rock for the price, the overdrive is as good as anything out there, heaps of good reviews from other people, and playing it backs that up. For the price, cant go wrong, the booster is the best money ive spent, even if you use it just along your chain, to boost signal loss, its worth it. Very happy with them, id say try them, at the price, its worth it.

Comment

I think the "Police Line, Do Not Cross" guitar strap might be detrimentally effecting your tone.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Hahahaha, maybe your right...............

Comment

Working...
            X