chorus pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chorus pedals

So i've been looking at the Boss Chorus Ensemble and the Super Chorus. What's the difference between the two pedals?
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Super Chorus is a brighter, more noticable chorus.

I had a Chorus Ensemble and was disappointed with the mild effects. it would not sing out with a big chorus sound. maybe the lower level effects are better for combining with other effects, etc, but that's not what I wanted.

get the CH-1, you won't regret it.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I'm a big fan of Ibanez stereo chorus. In my opinion, it blows most of the others away.

Comment

I agree. The CH-1 sounds better than the Chorus Ensemble.

Comment

Fulltone ChoralFlange rules. That one is expensive though. The Ibanez reissue is more reasonably priced and sounds fantastic.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

If you want a clean chorus, I really think the TC Electronics SCF (Stereo Chorus/Flanger) is great. It works well on acoustic guitars, too, if that's of interest to you.

If you want the old Rush sound ("Permanent Waves"/"Moving Pictures" era), try to find an original Boss Chorus Ensemble. If not, the Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus really does a great job emulating it. Both of those pedals seem to respond better to distorted tones than the SCF, in my opinion.
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I agree with HippieTim, I have the Fulltone Choralflange and its great! I'm going to pick up a Retro-Sonic Phaser next. Their stuff seems to be high end as well and I know they make a Chorus pedal. I haven't heard the Retro-Sonic Chorus myself but if their phaser is any indication then its all good.

Rudy
              www.wickedrocks.com
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
              X