Ibanez Tube King Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Tube King Pedal

I use to have one of these pedals about 10 years ago and remember how nice it sounded and how well made it was. Anyone use one and do they still sell them? Thanks-Jack.

Ibanez hasn't made them for quite a while.

Maxon, however, still carries on thier legacy, with 3 improved versions:
    http://www.maxonfx.com/realtube/

I used to own a Maxon OD-808, and it was GREAT quality, I never hear anything negative about Maxon's other products, they're great.

I tried one of the new maxons ROD-880, along with the famed Chandler Tube Driver. To be honest, I didn't think the Tube Driver or Maxon
    were that great, not very smooth.

If your looking for a tube booster, look into the new line of tube effects by Vox. http://www.voxamps.co.uk/products/pedals/cooltron.htm

I played the "Big Ben Overdrive" and the "BullDog Distortion." I wasn't looking for a Distortion, although the Bulldog Distortion was really good, but what I really loved was the Big Ben Overdrive. It sounded REAL close to the preamp on my Laney Pro Tube, but in a pedal. Loved it.

Best of all, they're powered by a regular 9v, the other ones use a 12AX7 which requires a bit of juice to burn and they have bulky adaptors to manage it. The Vox cooltronix use a 12AT7, and they run it dead cold somehow, but it still sounds great. It will work with your normal boss, godlyke, 1Spot, ect powerall daisy chains so you can just set it next to everything else and now have special power cables all over your board.
    Last edited by nonamemx; 07-15-2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Hehe yeah I still have mine...great little pedal. I also have a real tube 901 that I like.
      ------------------------------------------------
      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks guys!! I really liked the Tube King at the time, I should have kept mine, it was mint with the box and everything. I am going to have to either find one or try some of the new stuff mentioned above. Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Nothing sounds as good as a Radial Tone Bone "Hot British" 12AX7 tube distortion pedal!!
          They sound F'in Fantastic with any non master vol. type tube amp!!

Comment

I will have to check one of those out bro!! Jack.

Comment

I have one.....Really does do it all.

Shawm
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by nonamemx
                I used to own a Maxon OD-808, and it was GREAT quality, I never hear anything negative about Maxon's other products, they're great.
                I love my OD-808

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan
                  Nothing sounds as good as a Radial Tone Bone "Hot British" 12AX7 tube distortion pedal!!
                  They sound F'in Fantastic with any non master vol. type tube amp!!

So, you use the Radial into an already-overdriven amp? How do
                  you set the gain on the amp and the Radial?

theo

Comment

I use the ibanez tube king compressor for a lloonnngg llonnnngg time now and its the best compressor I've ever had, so I never let it go..

Comment

Originally posted by lefty
                      So, you use the Radial into an already-overdriven amp? How do
                      you set the gain on the amp and the Radial?

theo
                      Note: "non master vol tube amp"
                      Yeah, I tried it through my Mesa Recto's and it was too much over kill, couldn't get a good smooth tone but running the Hot Brit into my old 70's Ampeg V2 head and into Marshall cabs it sounded killer.
                      What sold me on it is the store I bought it from had a reissue Marshall Super Lead (non master) I ran it into for a test and it just blew me away!

Comment

Working...
                      X