Amp deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp deal.

I'm getting Mesa/Boogie MK IV short head for $1550. The seller says that it's only been using it for 6 month, Mint condition. Including manuals and other stuffs that he had when I he got it as new. Is this a good deal?

That seems a little high. I got mine with the floorboard and extra rackmount kit for $1000. I would think you should be able to score one for around $1200-$1300.
    Good deals with:
    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

yeah that is high. I would offer him $1250 max

Comment

Way too high.. The amp sells for $1850 - used they go for $1000-$1200

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed
          Way too high.. The amp sells for $1850 - used they go for $1000-$1200
          that is correct, but the short head seems to sell for more on ebay because they are more rare.

Comment

What country are you in?
            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

U.S. Bellingham, WA

Comment

I just sold my medium head for $1,100. It was from the 1990's. It depends man, the going rate is $1,100-$1,250 for clean condition heads. $1,850 new. How much of a premium is being only 6 months old worth to you? I think I'd do $1,300, MAYBE $1,350.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Thx guys. I couldn't get the price down so I didn't deal with him. Thx for the infos. BTW ou guys know where I can get those besides ebay?

Comment

On the harmony-central amp forum there's one for sale priced at $1,300.

Comment

I got my Mark IV combo for 450, powers a cab fine.
                      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

By the way if you want a 1 & 1/2 year old MK IV combo for $1,400 or so out the door (don't know if there's sales tax for you so it could be less)... call Ken Ackerman at Paramus, NJ Guitar Center 201-845-9200. Tell him Ivan told you about it. GC shipping is CHEAP... should be under $50.

Comment

Working...
                        X