Done with Line6 for awhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam
    I know, I have the GT8 as well! I don't use it as much as I should, but I'm going to start diving into it more. There's just so much great stuff in there.
    Almost 2 months later: How are you doing with the GT8 diving, Joe?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Eh, still haven't really even touched the surface of this thing, but it is cool. I noodle with it at night sometimes just watching tv, as it's setup to my old Valvestate 2x12 in the living room, but I just find myself playing my Blue Voodoo or Univalve heads down in the basement more with little to no effects.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey, if you're digging the tone you have with no effects, why not get into that? Unless you have upcoming gigs and need the effects programs. I usually just plug into my crappy little Fender 85 at home, I have 2 channels and a halfass drive channel with almost enough gain. Not a stellar sound but just enough that if I can't get into it there's nothing to blame but my sucky playing!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I had the ME5B on my bass rig and I had to take it back. Even when it was off it still colored my bass tone in a way that I didn't like.

Is the 8 series better about that? Does it have true bypass?

Comment

I just sold my XTL and bought a GNX3000. I haven't got it yet. But, I did A/B one with an XTL at Guitar Center last week. The acoustic simulator on the GNX3K is very, very good.

Comment

Originally posted by BTB007
              I just sold my XTL and bought a GNX3000. I haven't got it yet. But, I did A/B one with an XTL at Guitar Center last week. The acoustic simulator on the GNX3K is very, very good.
              So is the acoustic simulator on the Boss GT6/8. Its extremely good.
              The Korg AG has a good one too.

Comment

Working...
              X