X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• behringer amps

any opinions ?
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ead?sku=480733

i bought this locally cause i thought the price was right(matched MF) and it had a few features that a similiar Marshall did not have like midi in ...aux in ...etc ...
    the 4X12 was 200 so i picked up as well

take in the fact i do not gig and live in townhouse

thanks
    len
    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

I think you need to post a full review of it! I've pretty much settled into all-tube mode, and am generally cautious of Behringer stuff, but if that amp really lives up to its potential, I'd be really tempted to pick one up myself.
    sigpic

Comment

I think you need to post a full review of it!
      its fucking loud
      and my ears are ringing right now ...neighbors are pounding on the walls

i have nothing to compare it to .. but i am having a good time dialing it in
      i work on amps everyday...this sounds good ...the cabinet for 200 ish with free shipping from MF has to be a money loser ...it wieghs about 50lbs

thing is ...
      it will take a while to check it out with all the different settings
      have not even checked out the effects thing yet ...
      its just just me ,some 15 minute long blues backing tracks, a stable of guitars and BIG MUFF

if you get one from MF and do not like it... call them up and say after its on for 2 hours it starts buzzing
      they'll issue a call tag
      Last edited by len; 06-24-2006, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Hope it works out good for you-I can't count all the times that Behringer stuff has come back broken at work, sometimes straight out of the box. Generally a whole lot of features for the money but reliability has always been in question with me.

Comment

had 2 V-amps (1 and 2) which fucked up on me, however I've had alot of other behringer stuff (mixer, some kind of tube sound processor, floorboard) have always been quality stuff

Comment

I personally like the V-AMP PRO that I have but, would steer clear of their amps... they sound fine for the money but, are UNRELIABLE!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

My Behringer mixer has never given me one iota of problems...................but, now that I've SAID IT.....................
              Last edited by Racerx2k; 06-25-2006, 10:30 AM.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

len I have the 1200 H head and 4x12 stereo cab and have had no trouble so far and have rocked it pretty hard.
                I like the preset# 24 and cut back the f/x to about 12 and set the main presence to 4 or 5.These are very user freindly amps.I have suprised some tube only types with this amp and yes its loud.Very ballsy amp for the money.
                They have been holding their value on ebay too.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Have they fixed the switching delay? On the earlier model combos there was apparently a noticeable delay when switching channels.

Comment

I have the V-Ampire head which probably sounds about the same as yours. It's the amp I keep in my bedroom and I like its sound a lot. It's very solid except for one thing: the knobs SUCK. I haven't broken any off yet since it's in my bedroom, but they feel like they will break if you look at them wrong. Other than that it feels very heavy duty

Comment

The 1200 knobs rotate smoothly no problems.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

They rotate smoothly, but they just seem like the slightest bump will break them off

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed
                          Have they fixed the switching delay? On the earlier model combos there was apparently a noticeable delay when switching channels.
                          yeppers it's about 1 sec now

Hope it works out good for you-I can't count all the times that Behringer stuff has come back broken at work, sometimes straight out of the box. Generally a whole lot of features for the money but reliability has always been in question with me.Yesterday 02:27 PM
                          if it breaks i guess i'll rip it apart and fix it ...we all have a niche on the totem pole of life and mine is electonics
                          MOST warranty stuff is bad wave solder and loose connections
                          anything dsp related ...well that gets sent back in

They rotate smoothly, but they just seem like the slightest bump will break them off
                          after reading this ...gave em a good bashing ..good to go
                          Last edited by len; 06-25-2006, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Good to hear, I haven't tested mine as I've been afraid!

Comment

I have the 2x12 combo version of this amp. Soundwise, it did a pretty good marshall impression. I'd definitely choose it over an MG marshall amp. Reliability is definitely the weakest spot on behringers products. After owning the amp for around 8 months, the preamp started making a weird intermittent static noise. And a few lights stopped working in the effects display window thingy. If I didnt have the static issue (which makes the amp unusable for anything but practising by yourself) I would recommend the GMX amps.

Comment

Working...
                              X