Little problem with my poweramp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little problem with my poweramp

So i changed the power tubes in my Peavey classic power amp. When i first played through it, the sound was fine and it sounded great. I turned it off for a bit so that i could put the power amp back in the rack case, turned it back on and now i get an annoying amount of hum. I can still hear myself through the amp but you can hear humming still. I know it's not TV's or computer monitors affecting it because i had them turned off. So it must be something else. Can any one help?
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

What else is in the rack with it Steve?
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

It's just my mp-1
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Sounds like it may be a ground issue with the rail in the rack?

Comment

Check the earth connections in the plugs for starters, my mp-1 didn't even have an earth wired when I got it, maybe somethings moving and coming apart when it's going into the rack?
          www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

I changed the tubes around in the poweramp and now it's working fine. God knows how i got it fixed
            Last edited by pagemalicious; 06-22-2006, 07:31 AM.
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Ok turns out that the Rack case is causing the humming. Wtf? how the hell does that happen? i realised what was going on when i tried screwing it back in. Losen the screws the hum goes, tighten them and it comes back again. How the hell do you fix that?
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

get a rack rider or furman power conditioner.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

They sell washers that islolate (insulate??) the rack screws from the rack...
                  Or, you can try a plastic washer on at least one screw of each piece of gear in your rack... sort of a ground lift that may stop the loop.
                  Also - make sure to leave at least 1 space between the preamp and poweramp.

Comment

Working...
                  X