Favorite pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite pedals?

Forgive me, I'm not real experienced with effects. With regards to stomp boxes, not multi-effects processors:

Does anyone here prefer a certain brand or type over another and why? Are you guys and gals brand whores like, "I only buy BOSS pedals because they're the best." Or are you more like, "BOSS makes the best chorus, Line6 makes the best delay, MXR makes the best distortion," etc?

Are there certain brands to stay away from for certain effects?

I like Marshall Chorus very much. Very flexible (you can mix two LFO's) and good sounding. High pass filter is very useful, preventing chorused tone being too brittle (may happen on clean with strat-like sound).

Line6 DL4 Delay modeller - 4 presets, a lot of controls, tap tempo, true bypass, decent tone

CryBaby 535Q Wah - very flexible and decent sounding
    Morley Bad Horsie Wah - optimized for high-gain and has autoswitching
    Ibanez WD-7 Wah - extremely flexible, has both autoswitch and button switch mode. Would not use it on the record, but for the money it is very cool all-around live gadget (may be used for bass as well)

Vox Cooltron Bulldog - affordable two-channel distortion. You may switch between (a bit) scooped, edgy riff tone and warm, mid-rangey, soaring lead tone with a bit of level boost. Properly tweaked both channels cut thru and blend into the mix very well. Genreally I prefer get the tones from my amp, but when I have to play on a rented backline, that's my choice.
    Because I don't say it
    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Well, I really like the Line6 VerbZilla. It is the best reverb pedal I have ever heard, truly a studio grade effect.

I also dig the DigiTech Bad Monkey. The best $30 dirt pedal you can buy, if you ask me. Works great with a nice tube amp.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
        I also dig the DigiTech Bad Monkey. The best $30 dirt pedal you can buy, if you ask me. Works great with a nice tube amp.
        While I've not tried the Bad Monkey, I've got the original discontinued DOD version of that, the Juice Box. It really is an awesome pedal!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I used to LOVE the boss SD-1. Had one for the longest time and wouldn't sell it for anything. I recently tried a TS-9 and that has been my pedal of choice of late.

DD-2 digital delay, NS-2 noise suppressor, CE-2 was it? boss chorus with three black knobs, my absolute FAVORITE(was able to get that through a music store) and of course the phaser pedal PH-2.

I've tried all sorts of other effects, but always go back to these in particular.

All I can say, is TRY TRY TRY until you find your sound.

Good luck.

Comment

Zoom 5000 & Boss DD-20

Comment

i LOVE my VOX wah and my MXR EVH phase 90. the only pedals i use.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X