Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i'm undecided: 5150 or cobra for today's gig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm undecided: 5150 or cobra for today's gig?

title says it all....it kinda sucks having two outstanding amps to choose from
    ok, tonight i'm gonna play a small to medium sized open air gig....that fucker is in the middle of nowhere, so frankly i'm not expecting too much i know both amps are able to do the job, and do it well, but the thing is, i'm kinda hesitating to bring such an expensive "boutique" amp to a shitty gig like this
    on the other hand, the framus doesn't get anywhere near the playing time it deserves...i've been owning it since april 06, and during these months i've only had it at 2 rehersals and 1 gig.

aaah, the pains of an amp whore
    Cobra
    30.77%
    69.23%

The poll is expired.

Engl!
    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Get a cover for you Cobra before bringing it out to gigs!

Comment

both
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Crooks
          Engl!

That got a good laugh out of me...
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

5150's winning!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

whoa...ok when i checked the poll right before i left for the gig it was 4:3 for the cobra

so...i brought the cobra. first things first: yes, the gig sucked. the stage was fine, the people just sucked
              also, it wasn't total overkill from my side - one of the opening bands had a diezel vh4 fullstack funny thing is that the other guitar player had a laney GH100 and sounded way better than the 4k diezel

having that said, i should have brought the 5150....i dunno, the cobra just had this honky and congested quality that did cut through but did not sound heavy by any means. maybe i didn't turn it loud enough (master at 10:00, channel volume 3:00 )....all i know is that the other guitar player had his marshall tsl LOUD, and sounded heavy as fuck.
              maybe i should try using the notch switch (=mid scoop) with the mids cranked to get a less honky sound...even though i'm not a fan of scooped mids

Comment

Working...
              X