SansAmp GT2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SansAmp GT2

What do you think of this amp emulator?Is it good enough to use for recording/stage ?
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

i can't comment on the GT-2, but i have the sansamp classic, with all the little DIP switches and stuff, and i think it sucks. i have barely used it in the 4 years i have had it. i prefer the sounds of more modern amp emulators, like line 6 and stuff like that.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

so,you say,pod xt would be a better choice?

Comment

I've never played a GT2, but I've got a Sans Amp Tri-A.C. pedal that's great for recording and live use. http://www.tech21nyc.com/triac.html
        The new Double Drive 3X I hear is also pretty good. http://www.tech21nyc.com/double_drive3x.html
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thank you.That's what i would like to hear

I'm against digital things whan it comes to distortion.
          And gt2's cheaper than the pod.

Comment

Iv'e had the classic for years it works great for recording and live but it takes time to get the setting the way you'ld use them. The three modes are Fender clean, Mesa And Marshall/Hiwatt then the dip switches.

Comment

I have a Tri-OD. I like the Mesa tones the best, nice tight scooped sounds can be had. Unfortunately I still feel it lacks enough gain for a gainhead like me.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed
                I have a Tri-OD. I like the Mesa tones the best, nice tight scooped sounds can be had. Unfortunately I still feel it lacks enough gain for a gainhead like me.

buy a booster pedal?

Comment

Originally posted by Norton
                  buy a booster pedal?
                  That's not the problem I think. Not every boosted tone has enough gain and sounds powerfull enough... It's something about the nature of gt-2. So you should first decide about your tone or buy something more versatile like a pod to avoid confusion

Also with a booster pedal the gt-2's price really comes close to a pod (if not exceeds) if I'm not wrong about gt-2 prices.
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64
                  www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

i had a tri ac and really liked it.

Comment

http://server4.hxcmp3.com/bands/28124/index.php

The song "The Arm of Barlow" was tracked using a GT2 for the guitars and bass. I could get a better sound out of it now. Check it out.

Comment

WOW! Black Mariah! Hey dude, your last previous post was exactly 2 years ago!!!!!!!

Where ya been?! Welcome back!!

Are ya gonna hang out?
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wow. Creepy. o_O

I've been banned. I'd still be banned, but I reregistered to see if one of the articles I wrote was still floating around in the tech section and Kevin noticed the blackmariah in my email address and unbanned me.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                            WOW! Black Mariah! Hey dude, your last previous post was exactly 2 years ago!!!!!!!

Where ya been?! Welcome back!!

Are ya gonna hang out?

He came back to answer my question :P

Comment

I like the gt-2 as a distortion pedal, it seems to have a lot more gain than the classic. I haven't used it for recording.

Comment

Working...
                              X