new Carvin 4x12 anygood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Carvin 4x12 anygood?

I need a new 4x12 and Boogies are getting to be too much theses, so for around the same money as used I can get a new Carvin 4x12 with V30's in it with the metal grill. Has anybody used them? Are they worth it? Thanks.
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

I had a Carvin 4X12 in the 90's with the British series speakers. 2 things I didn't like about it: the carpeting (we practiced in a cabinet making shop, sawdust, cat hair, strange girl hair.. all stuck to it) and rubber feet (no casters).
    If they now have casters, V30's, and toltex - I'd say that's a good budget buy.

Comment

you can always go Avatar.com too
      they have good deals and great quality cabs.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick
        you can always go Avatar.com too
        they have good deals and great quality cabs.
        A software consulting firm sells 4x12s too? Wow!

Here is Avatar's URL: http://www.avatarspeakers.com/
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina
          I had a Carvin 4X12 in the 90's with the British series speakers. 2 things I didn't like about it: the carpeting (we practiced in a cabinet making shop, sawdust, cat hair, strange girl hair.. all stuck to it) and rubber feet (no casters).
          If they now have casters, V30's, and toltex - I'd say that's a good budget buy.
          I'm pretty sure all carvin amps and cabs are either vinyl or tweed these days.

-a

Comment

The Legacy cabs are pretty sweet, I like how they sound (though a lot of people seem to not like front loaded V30's).

Comment

Yeah it's vinyl with a metal grill.
              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Working...
              X