VHT UL troubleshooting help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT UL troubleshooting help

Bought a VHT ultralead of ebay and the amp took a beating on the way(pakaged professionally by UPS employees).The exterior is alright except for a tolex tear and a corner bumper ripped off.My problem is the amp powers up but I have no output.I know the basics of a tube amp but that is all.I warmed the amp up for a few minutes then took it off standby.The cab is 16 ohms and the impedance is set correctly.I can hear a sound like when you shake a lightbulb that has burnt out(if that makes any sense).Also,it's like I can hear the notes inside the head,just barely audible.The sound is coming from the center of the amp,either by a tube or possibly the output transformer or PT,I am not sure.All tubes are lit and appear to be fine.Any help would be appreciated before I bring it to a tech.Thanks.

P.S. If anyone has experience with UPS claims since the amp was fully insured I would appreciate any help

Save the packaging that it came in, if you file a claim with UPS and they will want the item back in its packaging or potentially will send someone out to check out the item.

Personally, I'd file a claim. If the claim is accepted, then you won't have the hassle of trying to get it fixed.

Comment

Working...
    X