bassman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bassman

Inspired by recent threads on amp rigs and what to do with no effects loop I dug out my bassman, just a late 70's bassman-70, put a roland gp8 in front of it, used a little overdrive (well, from a little to alot) and compression, dammit these things sound pretty good. I think the marshall and pod are going to be taking a rest for a while.

yeah, old fenders rip. i have a '63 tremolux...blacface, pre-CBS, blonde tolex w/gold grille cloth. try this:

plug into your bass channel, input 1. then plug your effects processor input into input 2 on the bass channel. then plug the output of your effects processor into input 1 on the normal channel. instant effects loop!!! yu blend your effects into the signal by using the volume on the normal channel. you can also EQ your effects with the channel EQ!!!

if you want you can go the opposite and plug you guitar into the normal channel and the effects into the bass channel.

just put all your OD pedals and stuff between the guitar and the amp, then you will get the OD into your effects unit too!

this also works with 4 input marshalls. you jump the channels and put your rack processors or other loop processors between the "channels".
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

cool, I'll give that a try tonight. I knew about jumping the channels to get more drive but never thought about putting the effects in there. Isn't this more like putting a second preamp stage with processing in-between rather than between pre-amp and power amp?

Comment

yeah, but it is cool too because you can blend your efects in and still have that pure fender amp sound, which is glorious!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X