Diezels Blah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diezels Blah

OK, it seems everyone i have ever heard playing a diezel sounds like shit! I have played both the VH4 and Herbert at a store, now take it i couldnt crank them, but i was not impressed.

I do not see what the hype is at all, I have seen godsmack playing them, Bon Jovi, Weezer and Wes from Limp bizkit (his was the only tone i tolorated) and i am just not impressed at all.

Maybe I just havent had time to sit around and tweek them enough, but am i to believe that all these big stars havent had time either, like i said there tone has left a bad taste in my mouth.

What do you guys make of these amps?

The average guy clips I've heard of the diezels haven't done a lot for me, but there are a lot of people who love these amps. I'm going to wait until I try one out. but since I'm on Oklahoma, it may be awhile.

Pete

Comment

I played an Einstien for about an hour and a half at real World volume levels....cool amp, although at the price if it came down to it I would by a Bogner XTC Classic before that in a heartbeat....and for nearly $1000 less an Aiken Sabre before either of those...

Steve E

Comment

I played a V4 at a loud living room volume, through a Mesa cab and I didn't get it. It sounded like a Stealth Fab.

Comment

Interesting opinions. What guitar did you try it with, siggy?

I've played MANY amps in stores and elsewhere...and none came even remotely close to:

'05 Charvel SD standard 1H, maple board --> Diezel Herbert --> Orange 412 cab with V30's

Mind you, I also tried it with a Dinky with EMG 81/85, the dynamics of the amp were suddenly vanished in thin air...but that Charvel with SH-15 (I believe?) the tone REALLY came alive!

Comment

i was using a few different guitars, a charvel star, a gibson les paul classic (500T My fav pickup) and a gibson SG standard. Like i said i was not to impressed at all and i shouldnt need a certain guitar to make an amp sound good. A good amp should make any guitar sound good!

Comment

A friend of mine has a VH4-S and a Herbert, and I think there's something in the voicing that you either like or dislike. I think they're great amps, and built well, but they're just not my thing, and I can't even tell you why. they've got a wide variety of tones, but there's something in each of those tones, that doesn't do it for me.

Comment

The only exposure I've had to Diezels was Godsmack on VH1 Rock Honors. I thought his tone was great.
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

A friend of mine recently brought his Herbert and Voodoo CP-100 to my practice space. The Herbert sounded lifeless and sterile compared to my Uberschall and the CP-100.

Comment

I like the sounds of the clips I heard but havent played one....I don't like the $4000 price tag though. I'd really have to LOVE it to spend that kinda coin on an amp...
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986
                      The only exposure I've had to Diezels was Godsmack on VH1 Rock Honors. I thought his tone was great.
                      Really? I thought the tone was aweful! Different strokes...

Comment

+1 on the herberts sounding great!!!

Comment

Originally posted by adrenaline junkie
                          A friend of mine has a VH4-S and a Herbert, and I think there's something in the voicing that you either like or dislike. I think they're great amps, and built well, but they're just not my thing, and I can't even tell you why. they've got a wide variety of tones, but there's something in each of those tones, that doesn't do it for me.
                          + 1!
                          I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

I saw Sambora use em.. I wasn't overly impressed but it could have been a number of factors.. outdoors, the mix, how they were tweaked.. etc.
                            It seemed his tone was overly gained out for Bon Jovi.
                            I like At Vance and they get a great tone out of em.

Comment

Originally posted by thebisch
                              Really? I thought the tone was aweful! Different strokes...
                              Same here, that is where i saw them play it, but i did listen to the new cd and he has a good tone. Maybe the Diezels just sound like shit doing the Rock/80's sound. Or maybe they sound great recorded, but like ass live.

Comment

Working...
                              X