Any of you bias your own amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you bias your own amp?

I'm thinking of getting a weber bias rite with the V1 option. Anyone use these? http://www.webervst.com/bias.html

Is there any other brand you might recommend?

there's a few people on here who self bias.. the weber is a fine unit, can't go wrong there IMO. There are cheaper units on eBay by SRS which are plastic.. they are not as well built. I also bought one of those and ended up going with a Weber anyways.

Comment

I bias all my amps. I have the bias king. Works great, and a hell of alot cheaper than taking them to a tech each time I need it done.

Comment

I've used a Bias rite and done my own heads for a long time now.

If you've got your own digital multi meter, you can just buy the adaptor head, and save some money.

Comment

Nope. My THD Univalve (one power tube, two preamp tubes) is self-biasing, so I can put in just about any tubes I want!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I use a bias king too. Just be careful. Dont want to get electricuted. Amps can hold juice for a long time after they are shut off.

Comment

I have a randall mts which i can bias myself with a $20 multimeter from radio shack. no more trips to the tech like before with my marshall. IMO this amp sounds way better and more versatile anyway!

Comment

I use the Allesandro, I think it was about $100. It's plastic, but is holding up well, works great on my Fenders. But it doesn't do 7027s (for us Ampeg weirdos), it's supposed to, but the needles just go to max and I quickly shut it off before anything fries.

Comment

Working...
                X