Trying different rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying different rigs

Guys- I've accumulated a ton of gear, and have been trying to set up a main rig, as well as a semi portable rehearsal rig. Current Main Rig - ENGL Savage 120, with TC G major, controlled by ART X-15 Ultrafoot (realtime expression). Then I constantly change cabs, depending in my ears, the venue, and my mood... This rig is great for heavy tones, can do some really nice cleans as well, but I am finding that there is a weird "hump" in the EQ curve in the mids that I really can't dial out. Dunno if my ears are changing or what, but I did have a guy notice it when we used ENGLS in the studio as well
    Rig # 2 - Marshall JMP-1, TC G major, to an older ENGL 50/50 stereo poweramp. Again - to the same cabs. What can I say - great 80's metal tones, and witha chorus and 'verb or delay - killer tones. Does the "Marshall" thing, but does it well.
    My 3rd rig is the one I have questions on.. it is the basic "let's just jam" rig, but I think it should be in the rotation. Peavey 5150 into a cab. lol Real crazy, huh?
    Well, I want more flexability, and am thinking of adding a BBE 422A, as well as program the TC G major to do channel switching. Here are my thoughts: decent clean tone (add chorus, etc from TC), use that to channel switch. Also want the 422a in the loops, and was thinkinga bout adding a boost pedal (tube screamer or the like) in the loop of that, so when I switch to leads, it really kills...
    Everyone says the 422 in the loop. Where does that put me with the other effects? Is this possible without adding a MIDI switcher?
    Eventually, I'd like to get to 1 rig..
    Also considering a Voodoo ... thanks for any input..
Working...
X