Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High gain freaks please chime in here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High gain freaks please chime in here...

An opportunity has been presented to me in which I can pick up a VHT UL w/EQ option for a decent deal at the same time a dealer friend just told me is taking an Uber in consignment and he would pass it on to me if interested.

I have messed with a UL in the past and thought it was incredible, however never messed with an Uber.

My current high gain stable cosists of Mesa RK head, Rivera KHR 55 EL34, 5150 combo and a Powerball. Not that I need another high gainer but in the quest of ahte ultimate tone I might take one new child in and maybe move one of mine.
    Of my high gainers the closer to my heart is the PB, the RK being so flexible and refined and the Rivera the most challenging and misterious. I could live without the 5150.

What do you guys think?? which one would be it for me?
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

I'm a big fan of the Uberschall myself so I would say go for that one. In all fairness though, I have not played through a VHT. The Uber is just plain badass sounding so I don't think you will be disappointed.

Rudy
    www.wickedrocks.com
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

all i keep hearing is that the VHT amps are very unforgiving....like you better be on your best game when you play one. i have never heard an uber in person, but i guess if you want brutality, then get that.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I currently own a uber, remember it all depends on versoin of uber too, the newer ones have a tad bit less gain but the gain knob is suppose to be more usable.

Now One day guitar center had an UL an di played through it for about two hours and was in love. Such great distortion, later i went back to play again and it was gone, and GC was no longer a VHT sales people.

What i can say is if i had the chance to get the UL i would depending on the price, i know they usually sell for about 1800 on ebay used, so if the price is lower then that go for it. Also depends how much they want for the uber, i picked mine up for 1800 on ebay because at one point they were flooding ebay so i got lucky. Usually they go between 1800 and 2200 on ebay depending on version and how many are on.

Comment

oh yeah, is the UL with the EQ, because the ones with the EQ are the ones that go for about 1800 on ebay, the ones without usualy go for about 1500 to 1600.

Comment

UL... hands down... you can do SO much with it. Uber sounds good too but, isn't as versatile. If you were talking 101B vs. UL, then I'd have to think about that one QUITE a bit longer.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I had the version 2 uber. Great head, but I wasnt impressed at all with the lead tone. If you are a rythm player it is great. I have also heard great things about the vht. I have never played one but would wait for your friend to get the uber in and play them side by side.

Comment

I think the uber would be closer to the pb sound then the vht. If you are going for THAT kind of sound the uber would be better. I like the uber its a great amp.

Comment

Working...
                X