Anyone tried any splawn amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried any splawn amps?

I've heard alot of good stuff about the new splawn amps. Anyone around here familiar w/ these amps. I've got one that Scott Splawn is building and should be shipped next week. Its been about a 10 week wait for this amp. Hope it will be worth the wait.

Which one do you have coming in?

I have been giving some thought to the Competition 50 watt model. From what I have read, and heard....they are pretty damn badass.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Great amps! You will love it.

Comment

Hot modded Marshall type. Sounds better as you turn it up. Cleans are not very clean. I personally don't like the recommended Eminence speakers in their 4X12 (but, he'll put whatever you want in there). If you like the Marshall flavor but, always wanted tons of usable gain without having to use a pedal, they are the amps for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I think they are killer amps. I have an older Quick Rod with shared EQ. If you like hot rodded Marshall based tone then its perfect. Does the Lynch, VH, Rhoads great -- all the way to semi-modern metal if thats your bag. The clean isnt all that great but I dont care about that...its good enough for what I'd use clean for anyway.

Scott is a great guy too.

here's mine
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

There was a Splawn Quickrod clip with KT-77's in it on HCAF that just ripped.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=3950567&q=hi

I might be gassing for one of these soon.

Comment

I ordered this amp the first week in April and I still don't have it. It was suppose to be in my possession by last week, but when I contacted Scott he said he was building it last week.

Hope its worth the wait.

Comment

Working...
              X