Boss Chorus Ensemble pedal CE-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss Chorus Ensemble pedal CE-5

I have one of these and I'm not getting the kind of chorus effect out of it that I want. I had a KMD chorus pedal for years and when that thing was on, you knew it was on, the chorus effect leaped out at you. but with the Boss CE-5, I don't get that, it seems the effect is minimal and this is regardless of what settings I use on it with the knobs.

anyone else experience this problem?

it's bad enough that I'm considering getting another chorus pedal to replace the CE-5, but don't want to do that if somehow I'm missing the boat on getting a good sound out of it.

any optimum settings you guys know of on this thing that I should try, before giving up on it? I love a chorus effect on the clean channel, and use it a lot.

all my other Boss pedals are great. not sure what's up with this one, or if it's just my not dialing it in right.

thanks!
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

I went with the Boss CH-1. You can definitely tell its on, and there is an effect level so you can dial it back if you want.

I had read that the CE-5 was more subtle, so I opted for the CH-1 and have not been disappointed.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL
      I went with the Boss CH-1. You can definitely tell its on, and there is an effect level so you can dial it back if you want.

I had read that the CE-5 was more subtle, so I opted for the CH-1 and have not been disappointed.

- E.
      Correct. The CH-1 is a bolder chorus than the CE-5.

Comment

thanks guys, confirms my suspicions.
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I think I had one of those, but I traded it for an older MIJ Boss Flanger. Right now, I've got like some 70's ass thing I bought off of my old teacher. MIJ Boss Chorus...2 fucking knobs, rate and depth :P

Comment

Working...
          X