Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual recto - does the loop sound better than putting pedals infront of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual recto - does the loop sound better than putting pedals infront of it?

?

I hear DRs are bad with fx, would an xpression sound better infront of the amp, or in the loop?

I hear that the FX loops suck as well. I run everything I have infront. I've never used the FX loop though, I've always got mine on. I use the 3 channel triple, and with the FX loop on, I get a master volume.

Comment

I have a single recto and from my experience if I have a pedal then it needs to run in front and if I have a rack unit it needs to run in the loop. I haven't had good luck running pedals in the loop or rack units through the front. Using the loop in my recto does change the tone some but, depending on the unit, it's nothing I can't live with. I've also noticed that no matter what type of effects I'm trying to use in front of the amp, if I'm in the "Modern" mode then the effect is hard to control and adjust. It's either too much or not enough. I think that it's where there's so much pre-amp gain going on , it just boosts the effects signal too much. I'm personally using a Visual Sounds H2O Liquid chorus/delay pedal right now for my effects and it seems to team up nicely with a recto. I've also opted to use the "raw" and "vintage" modes more often and put a Zakk Wylde overdrive in front if I'm using effects in a song. By doing this it's kinda like the chain when using an effects loop. In other words I'm not driving my amplifiers pre-amp section as hard and I'm putting my extra gain, via the ZW pedal, before my effects. I use the "modern" mode for heavier stuff without alot, if any, effects. This is just some things that have worked for me.

Comment

Put it in the loop. It will sound better. Rectifiers aren't very pedal and processor friendly but you can dial one in to work.

Comment

I dont think the problem with the newer Dual Recs is putting stuff in the effects loop, I think that the amp sounds better with the loop bypassed than with it on. Either way its nothing terrible, I have two pedals in the loop of mine and it sounds fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
            I dont think the problem with the newer Dual Recs is putting stuff in the effects loop, I think that the amp sounds better with the loop bypassed than with it on. Either way its nothing terrible, I have two pedals in the loop of mine and it sounds fine.
            I'll agree with that.

Comment

Working...
            X