Korg AX3000G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korg AX3000G

I should be getting one in today. Anybody here use one?
    I am especially interested in the ESS stepping feature. I also was a big fan of the Pandora series processors and I figure this Korg must be the same.
    I had an old 411FX Toneworks pedal that rocked big.
    I also like the editing software that is available free from the Korg website for the AX3000G.

I can't wait to hear your review. I have a AX1500G that gets some good sounds but I haven't tried the 3000 yet. My biggest complaint with the 1500 was that to bank down, you had to press two pedals together. And one of the two pedals is the Bank Up. So if you don't hit them exactly together, you can go up instead of down (happened to me one time at a live show and whatever patch I ended up on sounded horrible). But the 3000 has separate up and down banks. The wah is just ok on the 1500 but I'll bet it's much better on the 3000 with that ESS pedal.

Korg makes really good stuff but seems to get overlooked for Boss, Digitech, etc. Also, I want something simple to start recording with and am looking at the PXR4.
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I have the AX1500G too, and like it a lot. But the reviews I've read of the AX3000G sounds leaps & bounds beyond the capabilities of its predecessor. And I can't believe the price!

Look forward to hearing your review, John.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

So far.. straight out of the box with around 1 hour of fiddling here is my review. I WILL HAVE MANY MORE REVIEWS ONCE I FIGURE THIS SUCKER OUT.

1. No on/off switch. WTF?????
        2. Its a nice solid box but not as heavy duty as the Boss GT-6 because the imput and output jacks aren't metal like the GT-6. Its well made though and could handle the abuse that using it live would subject to it.
        3. Regarding the factory patches... the cleans are great, the acoustic simulator is decent, the medium gain patches are ok and the high gain patches suck. The Boss GT-6 has much better factory patches.
        4. This sucker has a ton of effects. Multiple reverbs, delays, chorus, and other modulating effects. They are all VERY good.
        5. The synth section of this box is great. That is what I got it for. I am very happy with what I have heard so far.
        6. Excellent tuner
        7. ESS... I haven't figured it out yet but having the ability to built arpeggios or control effects with a stepper pedal is something I am REALLY interested in. You can also control different effect parameters using the ESS stepping pedal. I can't wait to figure that out!
        Imagine this:
        Being able to pick a specific control on an effect (like the sweep range on a flanger) and assign it to a pedal and have the ability to have a various smooth control for heel toe or an 8 step pedal where you can program different sweeps to different spots on the pedals range. I am pretty sure I can assign the time of delay to the pedal too. It would be pretty cool to have a variable tap tempo pedal for delay!
        8. Its very quiet.. even with the noise reduction off.
        9. To me.. so far... the AX3000G leans more towards the digital tone.
        Maybe a cross between a POD XT Live and a Roland VG8.
        10. I just got rid of a Boss GT-6 and replaced it with the AX3000G strictly for the ESS and the Synth patches (you can blend the synth with guitar too). Straight out of the box for strictly guitar amp and stomp box modeling the Boss GT-6 sounds better and is easier to use. I am not surprised.
        More reviews to come once I start getting into the ESS Stepper and teh computer editing.

Comment

I spent a few more hours with the AX3000G tonight.
          Take it for what its worth because I know my way around modelers pretty darn good but... this thing is starting to sound REALLY good.
          The thing that is impressing me at the moment is how studio quality it sounds. The modulation effects and the synths are very good. It also has outstanding delays and reverbs.
          All the reviews on this box are great. I am starting to understand why.
          Leave it up to Korg to come out with something this cool!
          More to come!!

Comment

Cool, thanks for the review. My friend had the 1500 that sounded great through a Mesa 2.90, but I haven't seen him in a year or two to get an idea of how it sounds now. I'm still going the Randall preamp route, but I like a board or two to mess with, and if the effects sound good and are flexable, I might check it out

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
              Cool, thanks for the review. My friend had the 1500 that sounded great through a Mesa 2.90, but I haven't seen him in a year or two to get an idea of how it sounds now. I'm still going the Randall preamp route, but I like a board or two to mess with, and if the effects sound good and are flexable, I might check it out
              There is a preset called Traveler that utilizes the expression pedal for a certain synth filter swell that mixes with the guitar tone.
              Words can't describe how cool it sounds. I am gonna write a song based around that preset alone.

Comment

Glad you like it, that thing has some fun sounds in it.
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
                X