Need More of a metal sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need More of a metal sound

i have a charvel mode 4 with the standard (hss) pup's i use a roland micro cube and i want more of a metal kind of sound like system of a down/slipknot.
    help!@

Put a duncan invader in the bridge and dick with your amp.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Well, I doubt you are gonna get a real authentic "metal" sound with that amp setup. The Charvel is all the guitar you will ever need however.

See if you can save up enough scratch to pick up something along the lines of a Line6 or Vox Valvetronix 2x12 combo. This will get you a versatile, gigable amp that you can also use to practice with.

Comment

RR1 + Uberschall = "metal sound"

works for me!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If you decide to look into getting an amp in the future do yourself a favor and check out Laney's GH series. I have a GH50L and it fucking rules, it is a one channel amp though so you will need an Overdrive pedal (not Distortion, because Overdrives work best with tubes). You can get more than enough gain without the pedal, you just won't be able to play anything clean....If you don't want a clean sound at all then you don't need anything but the amp. Paul Gilbert uses the 100 watt model , the GH100L and has for years. You can find a good deal on Ebay or check your pawn shops. Mine cost $450 for the head and a Laney 4X12 cabinet at the local pawn shop. This amp has such a great tone if you know how to use it, ever since I got it I have NEVER heard anything bad about my tone. Mostly how most people wish they had it.
          Last edited by KLNowak; 05-24-2006, 02:14 AM.
          I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

If you want SOD tone I would suggest looking at a Marshall. The DSL or TSL will get you there.

Comment

+1 for the line 6 route. looking at your current setup i guess you don't play live, and therefore the line 6 prolly is your best bet. the spider II is said to be pretty good, and if you can afford some more look at the flextone and hd147 series - you can also use them for gigs later on, although an all tube setup does have it's benefits, too

Comment

i use the spider 2 and its awesome for metal !
                im actually the opposite of you.. im looking for a less metal sound, more creamy sound which is harder to get on the spider
                If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Last edited by SGplayer; 07-15-2006, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                    If you want SOD tone I would suggest looking at a Marshall. The DSL or TSL will get you there.
                    Actually depends on which SOD tone he is looking for, except for the last two albums(maybe 3), he was a Mesa Rec person.

The first two slipknot albums were also mesa, a DC10 for Mick, and if you ever played the DC series they basically can get as heavy as a rec, only difference is it is more like a rec on vintage mode which i like.

Personaly it sounds like you are just starting out, go with a line 6 flextone II and you can get many different tones.

Comment

Working...
                    X