X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deneb
    I love my Mesa
    As well you should.

I'm not dissing Mesas at all. A "Tone-Fest" would be a lot of fun to attend, so everyone can make their own decisions. There are so few Zwengels around that it would have been fun to hear one compared to so many other top-caliber amps, Mesas included.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

The Zwengel is for sale at a local store. PM me if you want a contact. This was a killer Zwengel too. A one-of-a-kind Banshee 50 head modded by Carl himself. In defense of the amp it was played through a bad cab and was the last amp to demo. It had a tough act to follow: SLO 100.

Comment

I'd love to hear some other amps including other Mesas. I'd like to hear a Diezel again, ENGL never really appealed to me, but I'd give it another shot (I used to hate Mesa Boogie before I owned them). I'd also like to hear a few Bogners.

Basically, I like hearing anything

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina
          The Zwengel is for sale at a local store. PM me if you want a contact. This was a killer Zwengel too. A one-of-a-kind Banshee 50 head modded by Carl himself. In defense of the amp it was played through a bad cab and was the last amp to demo. It had a tough act to follow: SLO 100.
          Nah, I don't need another one. Although I wouldn't mind having a spare head around.

I bought my Zwengel head/half stack cabinet for 1800.00 used, in near mint condition. Not a bad price for a screaming rig. Especially when I didn't have tons of cash at the time. I'll post a pic of it tonight of I think of it. It's just a really unique amp that not many people have heard of, so I think it's great that you had one on hand for the comparison.

- E.

Comment

Sounds very nice..

wha..No Uber??

you gotta Uberize the party next time..that first..then the chick!

Bill Z
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The Zwengel:

- E.

Comment

Bill Z speaks the truth, the Uberschall rips!
                Deneb, Bogner actually has really nice sound clips of all their amps on their website. Try www.bogneramplification.com and although the Uber is my favorite, the Ecstacy is pretty badass as well. Some other companies don't have the greatest clips of their amps up on their sites, Randall MTS comes to mind for example, but Bogner did a really nice job with their clips.

Rudy
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

If I had to guess, the closest Uber would be in Iowa City. I'd love to hear one in person.

Nice Zwengel! Looks exactly like the one we had. Brown covering. I'd like to get it because it's priced right and it's unique. I'll bet it sounds way better through the matched cab. The Collen is schweeeeet too! My friend would love to have the RR.
                  Last edited by catzodellamarina; 05-23-2006, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks! Don't have the Collen anymore, although I hope to acquire a new one at some point. Still have the RR1T in my stable. My SLATQH sounds the best through the Zwengel. Mahogany + Duncans + Tubes = mmmmmmm!

- E.

Comment

Catz...sounds like a GREAT get together..I would love to hear that stuff myself..

where else you you get your fingers on amps like this..not at GC..that's for sure..

The Uber's has it's own voice tho..even if an amp can match it's "brutality"..or come close.

like comparing a recto to a 5150..that kinda thing..I would assume..

Sounds like a cool party tho..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina
                        Next time all are welcome to come to Iowa.. follow the light... don't get lost in the corn.

I actually mentioned I wished JGCable and his perfectly tweeked Vetta 2.5 could show up. Line6 has been here and gone in Iowa. Didn't sell too well.
                        That would have been cool. The Vetta would surprise alot of tube amp guys.
                        You will read about the next JCF gear fest get together on June 10th soon. I am bringing my Vetta, my Soldano and a fresh 5150 block letter EVH head. You could say I am coming prepared.
                        I have been ripping on the 5150 head lately. I forgot how really great those amps are. I also have a 5150II head.

Comment

That looks like it was fun. I am looking for a new amp so I would have had a great time.
                          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                          X