Seymour duncan convertables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour duncan convertables

Can anyone tell me if all seymour duncan convertable amps use "modules" or are there some models that do not?

If yes, then, what is the difference between the two?

What can anyone tell me about these amps?

I would think for the amp to be convertable, it would need to use modules.

I can't say much about them, other than they are quite old LOL!

Comment

I remember when those came out. I always wanted one, I thought they sounded great I wounder how hard it is to find the modules now.
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Well there are two on Ebay that the sell states that these models do not have "modules"! Which I thought was "strange"...but maybe there were some of these "convertable" units that did not have them....?
        So I thought that I would ask this forum, because there always seems to be a lot of knowledgable players here ! Does anyone one know?????

I have also posted the same question on the SD forum as well, but have not gotten an answer yet ! ! !

Comment

I had one of the 100 watt heads back in the 90's. It was a pretty nice amp but you have to watch the heat on them. Mine got so hot it melted the modules! I have heard several reports of them catching fire.
          I am almost positive they all contained the tone modules, and when I just looked at ebay all 4 of them on there had them.

Comment

They kinda suck IMHO. Reason why the amps didn't contain modules is because they probably sold them seperately... I sold my modules for more than the amp cost me, and gutted the amp for the transformers.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
              They kinda suck IMHO. Reason why the amps didn't contain modules is because they probably sold them seperately... I sold my modules for more than the amp cost me, and gutted the amp for the transformers.

Pete
              Twisteramps,
              Would these amps work....if they do not have their "modules"?

Comment

I wouldn't think that they would. If I remember correctly that is the preamp stage of the amp, but don't take my word on that. Like I said before that was a long time ago.
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

The modules actually have the preamp tubes plugged into them, then the modules plug into the amp.

I never turned mine on without the modules plugged in, but I don't think it will work at all without them.

Comment

Here is another pic.
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by scaristei
                      Twisteramps,
                      Would these amps work....if they do not have their "modules"?
                      nope.

Comment

Hmmm.. I have a set of 5 modules/tubes. Pete what do you think a fair price would be for each? I may just throw them up on ebay.

The ones I have are:

1 High Gain Tube-High Overdrive & Sustain
                        1 Presence Tube-Bright and up front
                        1 Normal-Clean and quiet tube
                        2 Classic-Warm Tube
                        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502
                          Hmmm.. I have a set of 5 modules/tubes. Pete what do you think a fair price would be for each? I may just throw them up on ebay.

The ones I have are:

1 High Gain Tube-High Overdrive & Sustain
                          1 Presence Tube-Bright and up front
                          1 Normal-Clean and quiet tube
                          2 Classic-Warm Tube
                          I sold mine years ago, but got around $50-$75 each back then, without tubes.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                          X