ENGL Fireball, any comments on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://rocksolidamps.com/
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson
      what if I want to use rhythm and clean with no lead (I never play solos anyways) I am concerned that the settings on one channel would affect the other one too much..

You know, the cleans on my POD XTL work just fine for me.... wonder if I could somehow figure that into the equation.

Also, what are some good US dealers of ENGL stuff?
      Well, I don't use clean too much but the Fireball does have a good clean sound (for a hi-gain amp). The key to achieving a a good clean tone with the shared EQ is utilizing your volume knob. If you have your volume on the guitar dimed and switch to the clean channel it's still going to be pretty distorted. However, if you roll the volume back a bit it will clean up nicely and you can compensate with the loss of volume by increasing the master on the clean channel.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
        +1. Best purchase I've made from an online retailer. The amp was packaged to withstand a nuclear assult and he also sent me some cool key chains, stickers, and a t-shirt that doesn't fit (he sends LG I'm XXL...haha).

Comment

sweet... now if I can just come across a local dealer around mn or arizona that might happen to have one so I can play it..

I will be using my POD XTL as a volume pedal so it should be pretty easy to mess with the volume. I can also do a lot with the XTL's onboard eq's, fx, and the like to help better the clean tone. With a little tap dancing and a roll of the volume with my XTL I should be ok right?

Actually now that I think about this, it would be pretty easy to create a patch on the xtl that has no amp/cab sims but has some eq's and fx with a lower preset volume.

Also, I am assuming I would want the Z-4 switch because it only has two channels...?
          Last edited by Thor Von Clemson; 05-26-2006, 09:31 AM.
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

i run my Fireball with the gain at half way... the clean is clean and the dirty VERY VERY dirty.. and i dont have to fiddle with the guitars volume :p (could push the gain higher really!).

If the Z-4 is the 2 button footswitch, then yeah thats the one.. the other one is expensive and has lots of switchings (for the Screamer + Powerballs etc).

My ENGL Fireball is for sale, its just overkill for me, so i'm getting a Thunder Combo instead.. i a/b it with the Screamer combo and it sounded way better (for me)... simple controls and setup, great balls out tone \m/

ENGLs are fantastic all round

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson
              sweet... now if I can just come across a local dealer around mn or arizona that might happen to have one so I can play it..
              http://www.englampsusa.com/contact.asp
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

thanks ron. I contaced them and the dudes over at rocksolidamps.

I suppose if I did not find a clean I liked on the Fireball I can always use my XTL. I should be able to keep the volume on the Fireball's clean/crunch channel at zero, switch to that channel, then pull up a clean patch on the XTL.
                Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
                X