Fuzzes and Way Huge Red Llama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuzzes and Way Huge Red Llama

Bought a ton of parts, going to build a Red Llama clone and a few fuzzes, including a clone of a Fulltone '69. Never really had many fuzzes before, anyone here use em much? I always figured fuzzes were more for hippie burnouts... but now I'm getting into 60s-70s music a bit heavier, and think it will be fun to try a fuzz at a gig or two.

Oh, and anyone play through a Red Llama? The schematic looks a lot like Anderton's tube sound fuzz from his electronics projects for musicians book. I built one back when I was 12, sounded great, probably still at my folk's house somewhere.

Pete

I still can't get into fuzzes, even though one of my favorite bands (Smashing Pumpkins) was legendary for their use of the Big Muff. I just don't like distortion-type pedals in general I think.

Comment

I really dig the Fulltone Octafuzz I have, but it only sees limited use - mainly with a strat. You can go full on fuzz for that over-the-top Jimi Purple Haze chunge, or dial the gain to about 30% and get a nice warm overdrive that you can control with the guitar's volume. I'm not big on fuzz with humbuckers at all.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

I got a big 70's chrome Morley Fuzz/Wah that sweeps, that I love!! I use it for Fuzz only though, not into Wahs much!
        I love admins!

Comment

The book (Guitar?) Electronics for Musicians covers making some fuzz boxes and other creative stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X