What Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Amp

Ok, I was wanting to look at geting a new amp and I wanted some help on which would be the best route to go.

I play mainly all metal, mostly Metallica is ALL I play and I was wondering which would be best for this music, I am deciding between the Line 6 150W Spider II Halfstack, or the 100W Marshall MG100HDFX halfstack
    or if you can name some better amps in that price range.

Currently I own a 100W Line 6 Spider II 210 it is awesome, I would go the Line 6 route again but I havnt played the other amps and was wanting your opinion.Thank you for any help.

One post? Welcome to (your new addiction) the Site. I can't help much. There's too much new gear to keep up with it all.
    Noticed Metallica is your bread and butter. Was mine for years. You'll find the help you're looking for. Don't forget the search feature.
    I've learned alot just reading old posts.
    "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Thanks for the helpful info and the welcome MadJack, its alright that you couldnt help much because it will be a few month until I can get an amp due to $$$ that I dont have at the moment.

Comment

All I know is "Marshall"
        "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Mesa rectifier.

Comment

What's your price range money wise and do you live in the USA? Also, you need a cab too, right?

Comment

most importantly, how will you be using your amp?
              will it need to be transported regularly, now, or in the near future?
              if so how much room do you have to transport gear?
              is a combo more convenient at this stage or is it time for a half stack or 1/4 stack?
              new or used?
              how much are you willing to spend?

what metallica album's tone are you most interested in acheiving?

answer these and we can point you in the right directions.
              ~john E.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

ok first I live in the USA,
                1.the only transporting that will be done is to by friends house on the weekends and we have a truck or Van if needed
                2.my stage is more like just forming a band and was hoping to get the half or full stack
                3. I want a new amp
                4.I am willing to spend up to around $1,200 or less and that is with Head and cab/cabs.

I was hoping to get the "...And Justice For All" sound

thanks for any help

Comment

Carvin MTS 1/2 stack! \m/

Comment

Mesa Boogie Mark III nails the Metallica sound of AJFA / MOP with ease. As far as a cab goes, I'm not too savvy on cab prices or what would go really good with a Mark III.

Comment

For 1200 you could snag a recto easilly. Go for a single or a dual and maybe look into a 2x12 cab. I've played a few MKIII's and they aren't bad, but I'd go for a recto instead, then again it's my personal taste.

Comment

Why would anyone want the AJFA sound? Scooped mids will make you sound like crap and won't cut through a mix live... and your bass player will hate you, too. Did you hear any bass guitar at all on the AJFA album? Nope. James' stupid scooped technique ate up all the bass frequencies. Go for you own sound and use some midrange. Just my advice.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Welcome...buy a VettaII or for better price buy Vetta I and upgrade to Vetta II for free

Comment

He said he wants to get a new amp. Mesas or a Vetta will not make those prices new.

I think the Spider II's sound pretty damn good myself

Comment

well I cant realy pick a Metallica sound I would want I just said an album that had awesome songs on it but you dont need to be talking about someones choices in a bad way and talking about the bands sound you could of just said you didnt like it and left it at that.

Comment

Working...
                              X