Reverb help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb help

I bought a RV-5 with my Peavey 6505+ and I had problems making that shit sound good. Any suggestions on a better reverb pedal, or am I just a dummy?...

Originally posted by Miss_EpYoN
    I bought a RV-5 with my Peavey 6505+ and I had problems making that shit sound good. Any suggestions on a better reverb pedal, or am I just a dummy?...
    The RV-5 is an excellent reverb pedal. Read the owners manual. Make sure you have it in the loop of your 6505+. It sounds much better in the loop.

Comment

Well I already returned it after trying it through the loop. It made my amp sound really weird either way. I don't know, I guess I could give it another try...

Comment

sometimes if you have your reverb cranked up to high with a hi-gain amp it sounds really crappy. especially if your reverb is like a hall or a room reverb. spring reverb works very well with hi-gain, in moderation. rooms, plates and halls will work okay depending on decay times, both pre and post. i have never used an RV-5 so i don't know how fancy it is, but maybe you just had it cranked to high.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I use the Electroharmonix Holly Grail reverb. Its a great sounding reverb pedal and very simple to use. I'd recommend this pedal highly.

Rudy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Hmmm...well thanks for the imput, it's greatly appreciated. I will have to try the holly grail dealy

Comment

Working...
            X