Celestion G12H30 anyone try em here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestion G12H30 anyone try em here?

I've been on the fence about ordering an Avatar cab with 2 G12H30's on the bottom and 2 V30s on the top.
    Anyone here use this speaker (the G12H30) ?
    Reviews please I've never heard this speaker live
    this is mainly for use with my 5150 combo
    (also anyone here use this mixed speaker combo that Avatar users rave about?)
    thanks
    Nick
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

I have an Avatar 2X12 with that speaker combo and love it. My ENGL Savage 120 head LOVES the G12H30 the most (I have my cab wired stereo). Tames pronounced high end. It's a great sounding speaker just a little harder to mic than a VIN30.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

how so?
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I love the room sound of the G12H30, to me it's more full without being brash, that doesn't easily translate to close micing, but the Vintage 30 and a SM57 is just a perfect match, that speaker always sounds better to me miced than it does in the room. They really do work well together.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick
          how so?
          Brent's answer was pretty much on the money. The G12H30 sounds a lot better to my ears live in the room then it does recorded. I haven't yet tried with a 2nd room mic yet though.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I think the G12H30 and the V30 match up really well in a 4x12; those speakers in an X pattern is my fav configuration Very full and complex sounding: the v30s cover the upper mids and the G12H30s cover the lower mids, and the result is real nice even sound across the whole spectrum

Comment

I just put a v30 in the 1936 cab. The other speaker is the G12H30. I've not had a chance to try the cab live. I have them wired so that I can run the V30 alone at 16ohms or both a 8ohms.
              joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I have a 2x12 cab w/ a v30 and a G12h30. These two speakers work very well together. The G12h30 has a smoothness to it. It takes some of the bite off the top end that the v30 has.

Comment

Working...
                X