put a racktifier in layway... super sale to follow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• put a racktifier in layway... super sale to follow

Found a dual racktifier at a GREAT price at a local music store, put it in layaway, going to be selling some gear soon to pay for it. I'm hoping it likes pedals in the loop better than it did the Pod XT I had...

Pete

I found my racktifier hated anything in the loop, I found it also hated sounding good every day. The amp sounded balls out amazing from time to time, but it was not always willing to cooporate!, just a heads up! get some SED winged C 6l6 tubes for it and some JJ 12ax7's and you'll be in heaven though!

Cheers! good score even though they are picky amps! almost like women, except the noise a racktifier makes isn't as annoying and you can always shut it off! hahahahaha

Chris
    Last edited by SpiralArchitect; 05-08-2006, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Pete, didn't you just sell one of those?

Comment

IMHO.. Rectifiers don't get along with stomp boxes in the loop. Heck, I'll go one better. Rectifiers don't get along with anything in the loop. IT seems that as soon as you put something in the loop your tone starts getting sucked away.
        If you got a great deal on it, it should make for a nice investment.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell
          Pete, didn't you just sell one of those?
          A few months ago, yeah. It and my XT in the loop didn't get along too well. Since I switched over to pedals, thought I'd give it another shot. Plus I got a really good deal on it, so if the pedals sound like crap in the loop I'll flip it.

Pete

Comment

+1 on JG's comment. I have not had good experience using anything in the loop of my Rectifier, including stomp boxes, a G Major, and the POD XTL. I just go dry when I use the Recto.

Of course, I have a Single Recto... those Racktifiers may be different.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell
              +1 on JG's comment. I have not had good experience using anything in the loop of my Rectifier, including stomp boxes, a G Major, and the POD XTL. I just go dry when I use the Recto.

Of course, I have a Single Recto... those Racktifiers may be different.
              I have had bad luck with the loops on a 1st year Dual, a newer 3 channel Triple and a Tremoverb. All of them sounded better with nothing in the loop.

Comment

So far I've had the same experience with my Recto. I've tried several pedals in the loop and all sounded like crap. I thought about getting a G major but I've read so many things about nothing sounding good in the loop that I'm gonna try some other pedals in the front end first. The hardest effect to find that works for me is a good delay unit. All the Boss stuff sounded like crap on my recto but sounded great on the Lonestar I had before it. I think it has something to do with the preamps having so much gain it amplifies the effect and makes it uncontrollable.

Comment

i was able to get good sound running my XTL in the loop return of my friends recto at a gig. i did have to play with the switches on the back to get the right loop section and have a master volume control. but that's what all those options are for. its very versitile and i'm sure with your "gusto" you'll be able to make anys etup you want sound good out of it.
                  but you'll want a recto cab for it!
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

DR, They're talking about using the XT for effects, not as a preamp.

And yeah, the Recto's have always sounded like ass to me with anything in the loop.

Comment

Working...
                    X