Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No effects loop?

Alright guys

My new head doesnt have an effects loop. What effects should be run in an FX loop and what would be the effect of not having them there? All I use at the moment is a distortion pedal, but I could be getting a BBE sonic maximiser (either rack or pedal whichever I see first).

James

what is the head? what are the jacks on the back labeled as?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Its an early 80's Laney Pro Tube 100w single channel head. The jacks on the back are both labelled 'speaker', well, it says speaker between them and has two arrows.

James

Comment

oh, crud. i was hoping you'd say something like "it has preamp in and poweramp out jacks."

you could have it modded. i did that with an old fender head. it was like 150. or you could go all old fashioned and run everything in font of the amp. if you go that route, get the BBE as a pedal not a rack effect. but also consider that instead of BBE-ing the amp you'll be BBE-ing the guitar. in that case i would consider an EQ pedal.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Aha, thanks mate, very helpful!

James

Comment

Working...
          X