POD XT: What's your fav hi-gain amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POD XT: What's your fav hi-gain amp?

I was just wondering what ampmodels you like from the POD XT (bean, Live, Pro). I tend to use de Deity's Son (Diezel Herbert) the most because it sounds good in the FX return of my Randall tubecombo. My 2nd favorite is the Big Bottom (5150/triple rec) which is awesome to play on your own, but it doesn't cut through in the band.

The Powerball, by far.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

+1 for the deity's son, but I use it just direct for recordings. Diamond plate and the jcm800 model are pretty good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor
        +1 for the deity's son, but I use it just direct for recordings. Diamond plate and the jcm800 model are pretty good too.
        I loved their Deity's Son also, that used to be my live patch and I recorded with that one and the JCM800 too

Comment

i use the solo 100
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

5150 time here. I love that model after a little tweaking. They default setting on that amp don't do it justice.

Comment

Heh, I like the X88 soldano preamp.

Pete

Comment

Big Bottom with a low gain setting and the tube screamer model in front of it DESTROYS....

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                  Heh, I like the X88 soldano preamp.

Pete

Ditto I was tweaking with it the other day to get it to sound like the set up I had on my 2.3. Line 6 4x12 cab, mic 3 at 54% room, Some vetta juice for the stomp sine chorus and stereo delay and it's a shred fest.
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I don't have any extra model packs yet so for the time being I'm using mostly the JCM800 and the dual treadplate they seem to work well with the SD 59/JB pups in my SL2H.I'm anxious to try the Blackface with my Strat but haven't done so yet.

Comment

It's funny how the Treadplate sounds amazing with my KVX10 right out of the box, but on my Model 3 and CX391 it's absolute shit. No balls, thin and just....yuck! But the King V sounds thick and crunchy. The Auto Wah stomp sounds wicked with the KV too.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Spinal Puppet

Comment

Spinal Puppet for me.

Comment

I like the treadplate. I was using the Insane patch for a while but I downloaded a cool treadplate patch that is wonderful!

Customtone.com ...
                            Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                            The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
                            X