Mesa DC-5 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa DC-5 help

Hi I bought a used Mesa DC-5 some months ago, it has a prefect appearance and looks apparently new. One day I was playing on it and I switched to the clean channel and it sounded like for the first 5 seconds and then stopped sounding. I thought oh well it could be many things like the footswitch was not working, maybe one of the cables I was using was not working, maybe the pedal I was using was not letting it work. So I went on and connected the guitar directly to the amplifier and it still didnt work. then I also used all the same equipment I was using on my other amp and it worked. The weird thing is that the Distortion channel does work but the clean one doesnt. Ive checked the tubes but they are all functional, I even put another set of tubes to see if the tubes were not working and the clean channel still didnt work. Maybe you can help me know what the problem is to fix it. It would be great if you sent me the Mesa DC-5 wiring diagram and I could send it to a guy to fix it. I dont live in the US and I cant find anyone to fix it except for a friend of mine, he says it would be great if I got him the wiring diagram. Thanks for the help.

its most likely as simple as the volume or tone controls for the clean channel. but if not, take it to a qualified tech. its a great amp. check www.mesaboogie.com for a manuel or wiring diagram online. if not, email them and ask for one, and they will send one to you. they are good like that.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

what position s the metal toggle in on the front? it should be in the middle to switch between channels. It sounds like a switching issue problem. try cleaning the input jack for the switch. I had thought I had a problem when I first got mine (used) but it turned out I had the toggle on the front in the wrong position, I have the version with 3 metal switch on the front and a 2 button footswitch...killer little boogie amp and way, way underrated
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Well i have cleanse everithing on the amp, I have a hunch taht there is a problem in a contact from the signal in the clean channel.

As for the other thing I live in a remote location so I dont know any qualified technician but I have sent it to a friend of mine but he says it would be really good to get the wiring diagram.

Comment

Working...
        X