• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parametric and G-Major

Well I got a Rane pe15 Parametric EQ,
    What's would be the best way to set it up
    with my G-Major and a Mesa Mark IV.
    Should I run it before or after the G-Major?

After the G-Major.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

If you are using the gate in the GM, run it before so that the hiss from the Rane gets gated. Otherwise, either way will work just fine.
      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Before. I have the same set up with my Soldano.

Comment

Just a FYI. The latest G-Major version has a parametric EQ function. It can be set per patch.

Comment

catz, the latest G-Major software right? So everyone with a G-Major can upgrade and get the par.eq.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
              catz, the latest G-Major software right? So everyone with a G-Major can upgrade and get the par.eq.
              Correct. I doubt it sounds as good as the Rane, though....
              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Can someone explain the craze with this G major?? I would like to know what it's all about.

Thanks

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by eaeolian
                  Correct. I doubt it sounds as good as the Rane, though....
                  That would be a correct statement. The G-Major parametric is minimal at best. Has it's uses tho...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal
                    That would be a correct statement. The G-Major parametric is minimal at best. Has it's uses tho...
                    The G-Major parametric EQ is light years better than a standard graphic or active EQ. Its not as good as a stand alone parametric though. Its TOTALLY useable though. The only issue I have with it is the ease of use. Its not easy to sweep the frequencies while you are playing. I could get by with it as a standalone if I didn't have my Rane.

Comment

yep, better than a standard graphic, or an active EQ, but that isn't what it is or should be compared to.

I'm quite the Parametric guy, and the Gmajor EQ is pretty weak and certainly un-intuitive at best.

Comment

I agree, the G-Major parametric upgrade is functional but also limited. If you like hands on EQ'ing too in live situations, then a seperate unit is a better choice.

Comment

I gotta fuck with My G Major more..I'm to lazy to read the instruction manual..

I think I looked at the manual once while I was taking a dump..and that's about it..I should learn how to get the best out of this thing..
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, I set up your patches, you got the best out of it already... hahahaha..

Comment

Working...
                            X